Susannah A. Stinson
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Austin, TX
Selected to Rising Stars: 2008, 2012
Attorney Susannah A. Stinson focuses her practice exclusively in the area of family law. A partner with the Austin, Texas, law firm of Bollier Ciccone LLP, she handles a variety of matters, including divorce, paternity disputes, child custody, child support, protective orders, property division and prenuptial agreements. She represents clients in Austin and throughout Travis County, Williamson County and Hays County.
Before becoming a partner at Bollier Ciccone LLP, Ms. Stinson practiced law in a variety of positions, including as an attorney with three other Austin-based law firms dedicated to family law issues. She also served as a staff attorney for the 250th District Civil Court in Travis County, Texas, and as an assistant attorney general.
Board-certified as a specialist in family law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, Ms. Stinson has earned the respect of her peers in the legal community. Her skill, professionalism and high degree of ethics have earned her the AV Preeminent* rating from Martindale-Hubbell, the peer review service's highest rating.
Ms. Stinson attended law school at St. Mary's University School of Law in San Antonio, Texas, where she served as an associate editor for the St. Mary's Law Review. Prior to attending law school, she earned her undergraduate degree from The University of Texas at Austin.
In addition to her practice, Ms. Stinson is active in a number of professional organizations. She is a sustaining member of the Travis County Women Lawyers' Association, a member of the Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists, a member of the Texas Bar Foundation and has served on the Texas State Bar Grievance Committee-Panel 9, since 2016. In addition, she serves on the Board of Directors for Breast Cancer Resource Center and is a member of the UT System Chancellor's Council Executive Committee.
*AV-Preeminent and BV-Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 100%Family Law
Adoption, Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Name Change, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Same Sex Family Law, Father's Rights
- Super Lawyers: 2015 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2008, 2012
Certificates and Credentials
- Texas Board of Legal Specialization
About Susannah A. Stinson
First Admitted: 1997, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://bclawtx.com/team-member/susannah-a-stinson/
Pro bono/Community Service
- Volunteer Attorney and Mentor for Volunteer Legal Services
- Associate Editor on the St. Mary's Law Review, St. Mary’s University School of Law
- Member, Williamson County Bar Association
- State Bar Grievance Committee Panel 9 Member
- Member of the Austin Bar Association
- Member of the Texas Family Law Foundation
- Member of the Travis County Family Law Advocates
- Member of the Family Law Section of the Texas Bar
- Fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation
- Member of the Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists
- Sustaining Member of the Travis County Women's Law Association
- University of Texas at Austin, 1993
- Board Certified - Family Law , Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 2008
- Selected by the publishers of Texas Monthly magazine as a "Rising Star" in the Texas Super Lawyers–Rising Stars Edition, 2008 and 2012
- AV Peer Review Rated by Martindale Hubbell
- Demystifying Family Law Cases: A Primer on the Types of Cases in the Greatest Need of Pro Bono Attention, THE ADVOCATE: Texas Bar Civil Litigation Section Report, 2019
Last Updated: 5/15/2022