Top rated business litigation attorney in Austin, TexasCain & Skarnulis PLLC
T.J. Turner focuses his practice on litigation and administrative law. He assists clients with a wide range of issues, including those involving business disputes, professional negligence, fiduciary liability, construction, and regulatory issues.
A third-generation attorney, Mr. Turner's experience includes obtaining successful verdicts, settlements and rulings on behalf of clients in state and federal courts and on appeal. He thoroughly prepares each case as though it is going to trial, but he is willing to pursue resolution through negotiation or mediation whenever possible. Mr. Turner provides people with personalized service and develops client-focused strategies aimed at minimizing their exposure or maximizing their recovery, depending on the circumstances.
After receiving a Bachelor of Science in public relations from Texas Tech University, Mr. Turner went on to earn a Juris Doctor from Baylor Law School. He gained valuable experience serving as a briefing attorney for the 11th Court of Appeals, an Assistant Attorney General for the state of Texas and Assistant General Counsel for the Governor of Texas. In his private practice, Mr. Turner draws on the knowledge he gained in these roles to help him advocate for his clients and their rights.
Staying active in the community is a priority for Mr. Turner. He has served as a public member and enforcement committee chair for the Texas Real Estate Commission, and on the board of trustees and administrative board for the First United Methodist Church of Austin. Mr. Turner is also on the board of directors of I Live Here I Give Here and the Flatwater Foundation.
Practice areasBusiness litigation, Construction litigation: business, Business/corporate, General litigation, Professional liability: defense
Construction defects, Business formation and planning, Limited liability companies, Partnership, Contracts, Business organizations, Litigation, Legal malpractice
- 40% Business litigation
- 30% Construction litigation: business
- 10% Business/corporate
- 10% General litigation
- 10% Professional liability: defense
First Admitted: 2004, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://cstrial.com/who-we-are/our-people/t-j-turner
- Flatwater Foundation, Board Member
- Mobile Loaves and Fishes, Volunteer
- Baylor Business Network
- First United Methodist Church of Austin, Administrative Board and Board of Trustees
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
- Texas Tech Ex-Students Association
- I Live Here I Give Here - Board Member
- Commissioner, Texas Real Estate Commissioner, 2014
- Austin Fashion Week
- MLAW Consultants & Engineers
- Hillwood Development
- Asterra Properties
- Standard Pacific Homes
- Fort Apache Energy
- BioMedical Enterprises, Inc.
- Capital Pacific Homes
- Liberty Steel Erectors, Inc.
- Texas Tech University, B.S. in Public Relations
- State of Texas
- Austin Bar Association, Construction and Appellate Sections, Member
- All federal districts in Texas
- Austin Young Lawyers Association, Member
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- Texas Governor Greg Abbott re-appointed Mr. Turner as a public member and secretary of the Texas Real Estate Commission, 2015
- Texas Governor Rick Perry appointed Mr. Turner as a public member and secretary of the Texas Real Estate Commission, 2012
- Nominee - Austin Under 40 Awards, 2015
- Teaching and Research Assistant in Baylor’s nationally ranked Practice Court program—described by the Princeton Review as “boot camp” for trial attorneys, Baylor University School of Law
- Member, Texas Tech College of Media & Communication Alumni Advisory Board, 2017
- Real Estate
Office location for TJ Turner
303 Colorado St
Austin, TX 78701
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2016 - 2018