Brian D. Sutton
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Beaumont, TX
Brian D. Sutton is the managing partner at Sutton & Jacobs LLP. Focusing his practice on personal injury and business litigation, Mr. Sutton provides personalized guidance and aggressive representation to clients throughout the Beaumont, Texas, area. Listening to their concerns and goals, he strives to help those he represents reach positive solutions to their legal issues.
Before earning a Juris Doctor from St. Mary’s University School of Law in 1987, Mr. Sutton attended Texas A&M University. He graduated from there in 1984, receiving a Bachelor of Arts.
Having more than 30 years of legal experience, Mr. Sutton has represented clients in a range of complex matters. These include those involving car and trucking collisions, aircraft accidents, products liability, premises liability, insurance, negligence and breach of contract. Tailoring his strategy based on each client’s specific circumstances and needs, Mr. Sutton focuses on their best interests and advocates on behalf of their rights throughout the legal process. He has received the highest possible rating of AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell.
Mr. Sutton is actively involved in the legal community. He is a member of numerous professional organizations, including the State Bar of Texas, the Jefferson County Bar Association, the Texas Trial Lawyers Association, the San Antonio Trial Lawyers Association, the American Association for Justice and the First Judicial District Bar Association. Mr. Sutton is also a fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation and a charter member of The Michelle F. Mehaffy American Inn of Court, and he previously served as president of The Humane Society of Southeast Texas.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About Brian D. Sutton
First Admitted: 1987, Texas
- Member, Texas Watch, Champions of Justice, 2001-2002
- St. Mary's University Honor Court Justice at Large, 1986-1987
- President, Southeast Texas Trial Lawyers Association, 1995-1996
- Texas A & M, Bachelor's of Arts , 1984
- Who's Who in American Industry & Finance, 1994
- Member, The Nation's Top One Percent, National Association of Distinguished Counsel, 2015
- Jefferson County Outstanding Young Lawyer, 1996
- Lifetime Charter Member, Rue Ratings’ Best Attorneys of America
- Outstanding Trial Advocates, Judge Jack B. Miller Award, 1987
- AV Rated, Martindale-Hubbell, 2002
- Best Lawyers, 2015
- Presenter, "Handling the OB Cases for Plaintiffs", 1999
- Presenter, "Creativity, Pitfalls and Landmines", 2000
- Presenter, "Presenting and Cross-Examining Expert Witnesses", 2002
Pro bono/Community Service
- Fellow Member, Texas Bar Foundation, 1999
- Volunteer Mediator, Jefferson County Settlement Week
- Mediation Training Course for Alternative Dispute Resolution, White Dispute Resolution Center, University of Houston, 2009
Last Updated: 5/15/2022