Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Beaumont, TexasDugas Law Firm
Clay Dugas is an experienced, board-certified personal injury and trial lawyer. With more than 150 jury trials taken to verdict, Mr. Dugas is not afraid to stand up for the rights of his clients. He has successfully obtained over 35 settlements and verdicts that exceeded $1 million. Based in Beaumont, Texas, Mr. Dugas' practice, Clay Dugas and Associates, accepts cases from all over the United States.
Mr. Dugas handles a wide array of personal injury matters, including animal bites, slip-and-fall claims, issues involving pesticides, medical malpractice, auto accidents, class actions and more. High-profile cases that Mr. Dugas has been instrumental in closing include Chataginer v. U-Haul, in which a defective trailer hitch cost a young man his life and permanently injured his wife. The result of the trial was punitive damages, and the manufacturer of the trailer hitch even changed their safety standards. Mr. Dugas and his team have also handled several cases involving child abuse. He was instrumental in what is considered the largest settlement ever against the Mormon Church. Mr. Dugas maintains the highest levels of peer and professional recognition. He is a Martindale-Hubbell AV* Preeminent attorney, a distinguished title indicating his high standards and ethical practice. He maintains a strong relationship with his community, and is involved with Habitat for Humanity. He also sponsors underprivileged children so they have the option of playing baseball.
In addition to his awards and honors, Mr. Dugas is a member of various associations in his community. Among his memberships are the Texas Bar Association, the American Association for Justice, the Texas Trial Lawyers Association, and the Million Dollar Advocates Forum. His reputation speaks to his passion and dedication to his craft and his clients in Texas and across the nation.
*AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Personal Injury - Plaintiff
- 100% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 1981, Texas
Professional Webpage: http://www.claydugas.com/Bio/ClayDugas.asp
- 200 jury trials to verdict. He has obtained over 50 verdicts and settlements in excess of $1 Million Dollars
- Member, American Association for Justice
- Member, Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Texas, 1981
- Member, Texas Bar Association
- University of Dallas, B.A., 1978
- Personal Injury Trial Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 1992
- American Association for Justice Top 100 Trial Lawyers, Member, 2019
- ATAA/Academy of Truck Accident Attorneys, Member, 2019
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Member, 2019
- Martindale Hubbell's List of Preeminent Lawyers, Member, 2019
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Member, 2019
- Phi Alpha Delta, Member, 1980
- Criminal Representation, 2020
- Habitat for Humanity, 2016
- Ron Petit and Debbie West v. Sheriff James Wade
Office location for Clay Dugas
350 Pine St
Beaumont, TX 77701
- Super Lawyers: 2008 - 2023