Dan C. Ducote, Jr.
Top rated personal injury attorney in Beaumont, TexasMoore Landrey LLP
Dan C. Ducote, Jr., is a personal injury attorney and a partner at Moore Landrey LLP in Beaumont, Texas. He serves clients in and around the Houston region with areas of the law involving:
- Product liability
- Toxic tort
- Medical malpractice
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Jones Act
- Commercial litigation
- Antitrust matters
- Patent infringement
Obtaining his bachelor’s degree in business administration from Baylor University in 1997, Mr. Ducote pursued his legal studies at South Texas College of Law Houston and earned his Juris Doctor in 2002. He was licensed to practice in Texas the same year. He is also allowed to appear before the U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of Texas and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit.
Having tried several cases at trial and appellate courts, Mr. Ducote is well experienced in handling personal injury cases. The expertise he’s gained over the years has earned him a board certification in personal injury law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. Rooted in Beaumont, Mr. Ducote is a compassionate attorney who believes in giving back to the community. He cares about the people and businesses in his neighborhood that are affected by legal issues, and he offers them a helping hand in getting the justice they deserve.
Throughout his career, Mr. Ducote has helped his clients recover millions of dollars in personal injury settlements. His clients appreciate the way he explains and guides them through each step of the legal process until the issue is resolved. His legal experience, litigation skills and trial strategies have been recognized by the legal community, for which he has earned an Avvo rating of 10 out of 10.
A licensed practitioner for more than 18 years, Mr. Ducote is a member of many legal associations, including the American Association for Justice, the Texas Trial Lawyers Association and the Southeast Texas Trial Lawyers Association. He is also the former director of the Jefferson County Young Lawyers Association.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff, General litigation, Class action/mass torts: plaintiff, Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff
Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Construction accident, Personal injury - defense, Litigation, Toxic torts, Medical malpractice
- 60% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 20% General litigation
- 10% Class action/mass torts: plaintiff
- 10% Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff
First Admitted: 2002, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.moorelandrey.com/attorney/ducote-dan-jr/
- Board Certified in Personal Injury, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 2008, re-certification 2013
- Texas Rising Star, Super Lawyer, Texas Monthly, 2005, 2010 - 2014
- Re Dana, 138 S.W.3d 298 (Tex. 2004)
- Represented the family of a man who suffered significant head injuries while on the job. Successfully recovered $2,000,000.00, 2010
- Successfully represented a woman in a premises liability case involving serious injury to her ankle and foot resulting in a six-figure settlement., 2014
- Currently representing many clients in pursuing their economic claims against BP and Deep Water Horizon. Have obtained award for clients and still working to obtain settlement monies for those who are still under representation, 2013
- Continue to represent many Southeast Texas clients in their claims against BP Deepwater Horizon. Hired as local counsel on a multi-million dollar commercial litigation case resulting in a confidential settlement in favor of the client who was the plaintiff in this case. Representing a personal injury plaintiff who suffered personal injuries, mental anguish and economic losses as a result of being hit by a commercial 18-wheeler. Successfully represented an individual in complex commercial case involving real estate, bankruptcy, unpaid commissions, and personal property against several entities including a former employer, 2015
- Successfully represented a woman who was a victim of a drunk driver who ran a stop sign thereby striking the vehicle the client was a passenger in. Surgery was required and after a year and a half of litigation, a recovery just shy of 7 figures was obtained, 2013
- Currently representing several commercial litigation clients with claims into the millions of dollars for acts of various defendants including breach of contract, conversion, fraud, and the Texas Theft Liability Act., 2014
- Baylor University, Waco, Texas, B.B.A. - 1997
- Jefferson County Young Lawyers Association
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- State Bar of Texas
- Southeast Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Texas, 2002
- U.S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Jefferson County Young Lawyers Association, Former Director
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Appointed Special Master by the 58th District Court, Jefferson County, Texas in complex litigation involving insurance and multiple claimants, 2011
Office location for Dan C. Ducote, Jr.
905 Orleans Street
Beaumont, TX 77701
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2021
- Rising Stars: 2005, 2010 - 2014