As founder of the Bernsen Law Firm, David E. Bernsen has spent more than 30 years holding negligent parties accountable for the damages they cause. He has secured countless verdicts and settlements in personal injury cases in Beaumont and East Texas. Adept at complex litigation issues, he has successfully taken cases involving the following to trial: insurance claims, industrial accidents, product liability, motor vehicle accidents and property damage.
Mr. Bernsen went to Lamar University on a scholarship for baseball, graduating in 1973 with a Bachelor of Business Administration. He then went to St. Mary’s University School of Law, earning a Juris Doctor in 1976.
A former state senator, Mr. Bernsen is widely recognized for his professionalism and aggressive advocacy. In his role as senator, he pushed legislation regarding environmental concerns and co-sponsored the Children’s Health Insurance Program. As an attorney, he holds the highest peer review rating possible of AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell, and he is a member of both the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
Having brought hundreds of cases to trial on behalf of both plaintiffs and defendants, Mr. Bernsen has a comprehensive understanding of how the justice system works. He guides clients through every phase of an issue using clear communication and honest advice.
Maximizing his resources, Mr. Bernsen is a member of the State Bar of Texas, the American Bar Association, the Jefferson County Bar Association and the Texas Association of Defense Counsel Inc. He is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern, Southern and Northern Districts of Texas and the U.S. Courts of Appeals for the 5th and 11th Circuits.
* AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff
Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff
- 100% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1976, Texas
Professional Webpage: http://www.bernsenlaw.com/attorney-profiles/attorney-david-b...
- Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIPS), Sponsor
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Lamar University, B.B.A, 1973
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 5th and 11th Circuits, 1978
- Jefferson County Bar Association
- Former Texas State Senator
- U.S. District Court, Eastern and Southern Districts of Texas, 1977
- State Bar of Texas
- American Bar Association
- Texas Department of Transportation, Commissioner, 1991-1997
- Texas, 1976
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas, 1991
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
- Texas Department of Transportation, Chairman, 1993-1995
Office location for David E. Bernsen
420 North MLK JR Parkway
Beaumont, TX 77701
- Super Lawyers: 2017 - 2022