Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Beaumont, TX
Malachi is the founder of The Daws Law Firm. Located in Southeast Texas, Malachi represents individuals and families in personal injury cases throughout the State of Texas. Malachi and his firm frequently represent clients affected by negligently caused injury and death involving automobile accidents, commercial motor vehicle accidents, oilfield accidents, refinery accidents, medical malpractice, and premises liability. Recently, Malachi has had major success in handling birth injury cases across the State and has been asked to consult with firms handling similar cases across the country.
Malachi has a proven ability of reducing complex issues into easy-to-understand concepts at trial. Malachi has a track record of victory in and out of trial, trying multiple cases to multimillion-dollar verdicts and recovering millions of dollars on behalf of his clients. His ability to relate to jurors, trial innovation, and preparedness are hallmarks of his success just as much as his reputation for compassion and understanding for individuals and families tragically affected by the wrongdoing of others.
Malachi's firm also handles a wide variety of family law cases involving issues of divorce, modification, custody, child support, enforcement, and adoption. His firm has successfully helped reunite families of children who have been wrongfully taken and hidden out of state. He will help you develop a strategy of decision-making and action that will help achieve your objectives while at the same time focused on bringing added peace and stability to your personal life.
Malachi earned a BBA in Finance from Lamar University in 2008. He earned his law degree from Texas Tech School of Law in 2012 where he graduated summa cum laude and was inducted into the Order of the Coif. Malachi is the father of three wonderful daughters and lives in Beaumont with his wife, Andrea.
- 70%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 20%Family Law
- 10%Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Dram Shop Laws, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Adoption, Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Divorce, Medical Malpractice, Birth Injury
- Rising Stars: 2017 - 2022
About Malachi Daws
First Admitted: 2012, Texas
Professional Webpage: http://www.dawslawfirm.com/about-us/malachi-daws
- Individuals with legal needs, primarily in Southeast Texas.
- We represent individuals and families who have been wrongfully injured or killed by the negligence of others. We also represent individuals in need of representation in a family law case.
- Lamar University, BBA, Major: Finance
Pro bono/Community Service
- For years, we have continuously handled pro bono cases in and around the Beaumont area for people who have legal needs but cannot afford an attorney to represent themselves.
- Beaumont Chamber Of Commerce
- An award given to an attorney the local bar feels deserves to be recognized for their achievements., Jefferson County Outstanding Young Lawyer of the Year, Jefferson County Bar Association, 2019
- Top Attorney Personal Injury, 10.0 Superb Rating (2016, 2017), AVVO
- Top 10 Best Personal Injury Attorneys in Texas - American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys (2017)
- Young Professional Association Top 40 Under 40 (2015)
- Top Clients' Choice (2015, 2016, 2017), AVVO
- Rising Star (2017-2019), Super Lawyers
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40 - Civil Litigation (2016-2017)
- Top 40 Under 40 Business Professionals (2014), Chamber of Commerce
- Better Business Bureau A+ Rating
- $1.4 Million-dollar Settlement - 18-wheeler injury case, 2019
- $2.2 Million-dollar Verdict - Wrongful Death - Cause No. E-19878, Meadows v. McCloney, In the 172nd Judicial District Court of Jefferson County, Texas., 2018
- $10.2 Million-dollar Verdict - Wrongful Death - Cause No. B-195,944, Rachel Ann Melancon, Individually and as Representative of the Estate of Olivia Marie Coats vs. George Backjardjiev, M.D. and The Medical Center of Southeast Texas, L.P., In the 60th Judicial District Court of Jefferson County, Texas.
- $4.5 Million-dollar Verdict - Medical Malpractice - Cause No. D-186,807, Henry Jones, et. al. v. The Medical Center of Southeast Texas, L.P. and Nabeel Abdullan, .M.D., In the 136th Judicial District Court of Jefferson County, Texas.
- Many six-figure settlements - Various Personal Injury Cases (18-wheeler collisions, automobile wrecks, injuries on property, etc.)
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow - Charitable Foudation of the Texas Bar Association, 2020
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association, 2019
- American Inns of Court - Michelle F. Mehaffy Chapter, 2019
- Jefferson County Young Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
- A+ Rated - Better Business Bureau (BBB)
- Texas Bar Association; Jefferson County Bar Association; Orange County Bar Association; Texas Tech Alumni Association; J. Reuben Clark Law Society; Order of the Coif
- Phi Delta Phi Legal Honors Fraternity
- Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 2020
- Supreme Court of the United States of America, 2019
- United States 5th Circuit Court of Appeals, 2018
- United States District Court, Southern District of Texas, 2017
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Texas, 2012
- State Bar of Texas, 2012
Last Updated: 5/15/2022