Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Beaumont, TexasThe Daws Law Firm PLLC
Malachi is a board-certified attorney in Personal Injury Trial Law, and he is the founder of The Daws Law Firm. Located in Southeast Texas, Malachi represents individuals and families in personal injury cases throughout the State of Texas. Malachi and his firm frequently represent clients affected by negligently caused injury and death involving automobile accidents, commercial motor vehicle accidents, oilfield accidents, refinery accidents, medical malpractice, and premises liability. Recently, Malachi has had major success in handling birth injury cases across the State and has been asked to consult with firms handling similar cases across the country.
Malachi has a proven ability of reducing complex issues into easy-to-understand concepts at trial. He has a track record of victory in and out of trial, trying multiple cases to multimillion-dollar verdicts and recovering millions of dollars on behalf of his clients. His ability to relate to jurors, trial innovation, and preparedness are hallmarks of his success just as much as his reputation for compassion and understanding for individuals and families tragically affected by the wrongdoing of others.
Malachi's firm also handles a wide variety of family law cases involving issues of divorce, modification, custody, child support, enforcement, and adoption. His firm has successfully helped reunite families of children who have been wrongfully taken and hidden out of state. He will help you develop a strategy of decision-making and action that will help achieve your objectives while at the same time focused on bringing added peace and stability to your personal life.
Malachi earned a BBA in Finance from Lamar University in 2008. He earned his law degree from Texas Tech School of Law in 2012 where he graduated summa cum laude and was inducted into the Order of the Coif. He is a member of ABOTA (American Board of Trial Advocates). Finally, he is the father of four wonderful daughters and lives in Beaumont with his wife, Andrea.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Family Law, Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
Adoption, Alimony & Spousal Support, Birth Injury, Brain Injury, Child Support, Construction Accident, Custody & Visitation, Divorce, Dram Shop Laws, Medical Malpractice, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 70% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 20% Family Law
- 10% Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 2012, Texas
Professional Webpage: http://www.dawslawfirm.com/about-us/malachi-daws
- Individuals with legal needs, primarily in Southeast Texas.
- We represent individuals and families who have been wrongfully injured or killed by the negligence of others. We also represent individuals in need of representation in a family law case.
- Lamar University, BBA, Major: Finance
- Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 2020
- Supreme Court of the United States of America, 2019
- United States 5th Circuit Court of Appeals, 2018
- United States District Court, Southern District of Texas, 2017
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Texas, 2012
- State Bar of Texas, 2012
- Inducted as a member into the very prestigious ABOTA organization in 2022., American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), ABOTA, 2022
- An award given to an attorney the local bar feels deserves to be recognized for their achievements., Jefferson County Outstanding Young Lawyer of the Year, Jefferson County Bar Association, 2019
- Top Attorney Personal Injury, 10.0 Superb Rating (2016, 2017), AVVO
- Top 10 Best Personal Injury Attorneys in Texas - American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys (2017)
- Young Professional Association Top 40 Under 40 (2015)
- Top Clients' Choice (2015, 2016, 2017), AVVO
- Rising Star (2017-2019), Super Lawyers
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40 - Civil Litigation (2016-2017)
- Top 40 Under 40 Business Professionals (2014), Chamber of Commerce
- Better Business Bureau A+ Rating
- Our firm won the Jefferson County Bar Association small-firm of the year pro bono award., 2022
- For years, we have continuously handled pro bono cases in and around the Beaumont area for people who have legal needs but cannot afford an attorney to represent themselves.
- Beaumont Chamber Of Commerce
- $2,850,000 Settlement - Commercial Vehicle Accident , 2022
- $3.9 million-dollar Jury Verdict - Medical malpractice case involving birth injuries in Jefferson County, TX, 2022
- $2,979,523 Jury Verdict - Medical Malpractice case against a local doctor for overprescribing medical leading to suicide in Jefferson County, Texas, 2022
- $1,725,000 Settlement - 18-wheeler collision in Chambers County, TX, 2022
- $1.1 Million-dollar Settlement - Automobile collision in Sulphur, LA, 2022
- $4.9 Million-dollar Settlement - Workplace Injury case, 2021
- $1.4 Million-dollar Settlement - 18-wheeler injury case, 2019
- $2.2 Million-dollar Verdict - Wrongful Death - Cause No. E-19878, Meadows v. McCloney, In the 172nd Judicial District Court of Jefferson County, Texas., 2018
- $10.2 Million-dollar Verdict - Wrongful Death - Cause No. B-195,944, Rachel Ann Melancon, Individually and as Representative of the Estate of Olivia Marie Coats vs. George Backjardjiev, M.D. and The Medical Center of Southeast Texas, L.P., In the 60th Judicial District Court of Jefferson County, Texas. , 2016
- $4.5 Million-dollar Verdict - Medical Malpractice - Cause No. D-186,807, Henry Jones, et. al. v. The Medical Center of Southeast Texas, L.P. and Nabeel Abdullan, .M.D., In the 136th Judicial District Court of Jefferson County, Texas., 2012
- Many six-figure settlements - Various Personal Injury Cases (18-wheeler collisions, automobile wrecks, injuries on property, etc.)
- ABOTA Member (American Board of Trial Advocates), 2022
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow - Charitable Foudation of the Texas Bar Association, 2020
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association, 2019
- American Inns of Court - Michelle F. Mehaffy Chapter, 2019
- Jefferson County Young Lawyers Association, 2019
- American Association for Justice, 2015
- A+ Rated - Better Business Bureau (BBB), 2015
- Texas Bar Association; Jefferson County Bar Association; Orange County Bar Association; Texas Tech Alumni Association; J. Reuben Clark Law Society; Order of the Coif, 2012
- Phi Delta Phi Legal Honors Fraternity, 2011
Office location for Malachi Daws
Beaumont, TX 77706