R. Keith Spencer
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Bedford, TX
Keith Spencer is the Executive Vice President of Bailey & Galyen and head of its Family Law Department. Since 2006, Keith has been Board Certified in Family Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. Board Certification is a mark of excellence and distinguished accomplishment attained by fewer than 8% of Texas attorneys. It indicates that Keith has substantial experience and proven competence in family law cases.
Keith has practiced family law in Tarrant County for more than 30 years. In his divorce practice, he handles cases that involve complex issues relating to the division of property. He also is a certified mediator qualified to assist in the resolution of family law matters involving children, and he is experienced in the defense of Child Protective Services investigations. Keith also is trained in collaborative law.
As a litigator, Keith has tried numerous cases in state and federal courts and has extensive experience handling appeals. Admitted to practice before all Texas state courts, Keith also is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas, as well as before the U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Fifth and Federal Circuits and the United States Supreme Court.
Keith received his J.D. from SMU Dedman School of Law and holds bachelor’s and master’s degrees in communications from the University of North Texas. He was admitted to the Texas Bar in 1987. Keith founded the AV-rated Fort Worth firm of Spencer, Greene, Cox & Warren and subsequently joined Bailey & Galyen in 2002. He is a long-standing member of the Tarrant County Bar Association and serves on the Board of Directors of the Tarrant County Family Bar Association.
- 100%Family Law
Adoption, Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Name Change, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Same Sex Family Law, Father's Rights
- Super Lawyers: 2017 - 2022
About R. Keith Spencer
First Admitted: 1987, Texas
Professional Webpage: http://www.galyen.com/Meet-Our-Attorneys/R-keith-Spencer.sht...
- Board of Directors, Tarrant County Family Bar Association
- College of the State Bar of Texas, Member
- U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists, Member
- Texas State Bar Association, Litigation Section, Member
- Texas State Bar Association, Family Law Sections, Member
- Tarrant County Bar Association, Member
- Supreme Court of the United States of America, 1992
- Board of Directors, Tarrant County Family Law Bar Association, 2011
- U.S. Federal Courts, 1987
- Texas, 1987
- University of North Texas, Denton, Texas, B.A., Major: Communications, 1982
- University of North Texas, Masters, Major: Communications
- Mediator Qualified to Address Cases involving Children, 2004
- Board Certified Family Law by Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 2006
- Top Attorney-Family Law, Fort Worth Magazine, 2013
- Geary, Stahl & Spencer Mock Trial Award, 1986
- Orgain, Bell & Tucker Award, 1985
- AV Rating, Martindale-Hubble, 2015
Last Updated: 5/15/2022