Marion R. Lawler, III
Top rated personal injury attorney in Brownsville, TexasLawler & Associates, P.C.
Practice Areas: Personal injury, Medical malpractice, Business litigation
Licensed in Texas since: 1990
Education: St. Mary's University School of Law
Languages Spoken: English, Spanish
Lawler & Associates, P.C.805 Media Luna
Brownsville, TX 78520 Visit website
Mr. Lawler was raised in the Rio Grande Valley. He obtained his undergraduate degree from Southwestern University in 1987, and went on to obtain his law degree from St. Mary's University in 1990. He has been practicing in the Rio Grande Valley for over 30 years, first as a partner with Sweetman, Skaggs & Lawler in Brownsville, Texas, and then as a partner with the firm of Gonzalez Palacios, LLC in McAllen, Texas before founding Lawler & Associates in 2010. Mr. Lawler has tried over 150 cases to defense verdicts, including all types of personal injury cases from disputed backs to wrongful death, and catastrophic injury cases. Mr. Lawler has successfully tried cases in Cameron County, Willacy County, Hidalgo County, Starr County, and Webb County. Mr. Lawler has been Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by The Texas Board of Legal Specialization since 2000. Since 2003, his peers have repeatedly elected him as a Texas Monthly magazine "Super Lawyer." In 2005, he was elected by his peers into the American Board of Trial Advocates. Mr. Lawler has worked hard to earn the respect of the adversaries he practices against, as well as the judges that he practices before. Mr. Lawler reads, writes, and speaks Spanish fluently.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: defense, Personal injury - medical malpractice: defense, Business litigation
- 50% Personal injury - general: defense
- 30% Personal injury - medical malpractice: defense
- 20% Business litigation
First Admitted: 1990, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.southtexasinsurancedefense.com/Attorney/Marion-R...
- Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by The Texas Board of Legal Specialization since 2000
- Allstate Insurance Company
CHG Healthcare Services
K&K Insurance Group
Riverport Insurance Company
Shelter Insurance Company
- Texas Medical Liability Trust
TRT Holdings Inc.
- Union Standard Insurance Group
- Elected by his peers as an Associate of the American Board of Trial Advocates
- AV Rating: https://www.martindale.com/brownsville/texas/marion-russell-lawler-iii-4912252-a/ , Martindale Hubbell , 2019
- Southwestern University, 1987
- Texas, 1990
Office location for Marion R. Lawler, III
805 Media Luna
Brownsville, TX 78520
- Super Lawyers: 2003, 2008 - 2012, 2019 - 2023