Top Rated Immigration Attorney in Carrollton, TX
When Daniel Stewart founded the Law Office of Daniel Stewart, PLLC, he did so with the intention of helping more people find legal paths to U.S. migration. As an immigration lawyer, he has assisted with cases related to seeking asylum, filing for residency, filing for citizenship and fighting deportation. He is committed to helping families stay together and offers services in Spanish, Portuguese and French.
In 2001, Mr. Stewart earned his undergraduate degree at The University of Texas at Austin. He then obtained his J.D. at Texas Tech University School of Law. He was licensed to practice in Texas in 2006. Five years later, he was board-certified in immigration and nationality law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
Mr. Stewart feels proudest of the moments when he had the privilege of accompanying his clients to their citizenship interviews after guiding them through difficult Immigration court cases. He has also enjoyed the privilege of being by their sides when they received approvals for residency, work authorization, and the right to remain in America. Not surprisingly, in 2022, he was ranked among the Top 10 Attorneys for Immigration Law.
Even when he's not at work, Mr. Stewart continues to take an active interest in law and in contributing to his community. He currently teaches immigration law as an adjunct professor at the University of North Texas Dallas College of Law.
About Daniel Stewart
First Admitted: 2006, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://danielstewartimmigrationlaw.com/about-us/
- ‘Rising Star’ by Super Lawyers, a Thomson Reuters attorney rating service, for 2014, 2015, and 2016
- Co-author: The Mechanics of ICE Detainers, Locating Detained Individuals, and Special Considerations When Filing for Bond Hearings (AILA Spring 2011, Texas Chapter Conference)
- Adjunct Professor of Immigration and Nationality law at the University of North Texas College of Law
- Research & Editing Assistant: The Protection of Biodiversity and Related Traditional Knowledge in International Intellectual Property Law (Cambridge University Press, 2009)
- Taking Your Case to Federal Court (Dallas Bar Association, February 2016)
- The Finicky Provisional Waiver: Where Are We Three Years In? (TexasBarCLE, February 2016)
- Navigating Uncharted Waters: The Special Immigrant Juvenile Visa in Removal Proceedings (AILA Spring 2015, Texas Chapter Conference)
- Supreme Court of Texas
- American Immigration Lawyers Association, Member
- US Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- US District Court Eastern District of Texas
- US District Court Northern District of Texas
- Bachelor of Science in Communication Studies from the University of Texas at Austin, 2001
- Board Certified In Immigration and Nationality Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 2012
Pro bono/Community Service
- Adjunct Professor of Immigration Law at UNT Dallas College of Law, 2022
- French American Chamber of Commerce – Dallas, TX
Last Updated: 5/15/2022