Andrew J. Anderson
Top rated Family Law attorney in Colleyville, TexasAnderson Legal Group, P.C.
Practice Areas: Family Law, Criminal Defense; view more
Licensed in Texas since: 2000
Education: Texas A&M University School of Law and the acquired Texas Wesleyan Univ. School of Law
Anderson Legal Group, P.C.5209 Heritage Ave
Colleyville, TX 76034 Visit website
As the Managing Attorney at Anderson Legal Group, P.C., Andrew J. Anderson brings exemplary skill and professionalism to the residents of Colleyville, Texas, and the Tarrant, Dallas, and Denton county area. With over 20 years of legal experience, he has handled the entire gamut of family law cases, including those related to divorce, parenting time, child support, complex property division, adoptions, domestic violence, alimony, and marital agreements. He also assists clients who are facing federal and state criminal charges.
Known for offering goal-centric representation, Mr. Anderson works to understand the true needs of his clients. Whatever their area of need, he offers top-notch representation by identifying the most effective legal strategies for their unique requirements.
Board-certified as a specialist in family law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, Mr. Anderson is rated AV Preeminent* through Martindale-Hubbell, an honor presented only to a select group of attorneys illustrating a high degree of legal ability and ethical standards. Furthermore, he was rated “Superb” through Avvo and listed in the “2018 Top Attorneys” by Fort Worth Magazine.
A dean’s list graduate of Hardin-Simmons University, Mr. Anderson majored in criminal justice and obtained his Bachelor of Behavioral Science degree in 1997. He attained his Juris Doctor in 2000 from Texas A&M University School of Law where he was a member of the moot court team and placed on the Dean’s List. He is licensed to practice in Texas (2000), the U.S. District Court for the Northern and Eastern Districts of Texas, and the U.S. Supreme Court.
Mr. Anderson possesses memberships in the Texas Family Law Foundation, the Annette Stewart American Inn of Court, the State Bar of Texas, the Dallas Bar Association, the Tarrant County Bar Association, and the College of the State Bar of Texas. He actively takes part and presents at several continuing legal education programs across Texas and has contributed many articles on family law.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasFamily Law, Criminal Defense
Adoption, Alimony & Spousal Support, Arrest & Arraignment, Assault & Battery, Child Support, Criminal Domestic Violence, Criminal Law, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Expungement, False Accusations, Father's Rights, Felony, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Misdemeanor, Name Change, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Probation, Sex Offenses
- 80% Family Law
- 20% Criminal Defense
First Admitted: 2000, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.linkedin.com/in/grapevinedivorceattorney/
- The Practice of Law, March 8, 2007, Speaker, Texas Wesleyan School Of Law, Fort Worth, Texas
- Temporary Hearings, Temporary Orders and Other Pre-Trial Matters, Speaker, University of Houston Law Foundation’s Family Law Practice Seminar, October 18, 2005, Dallas, Texas
- Bankruptcy Reform for the Family Law Lawyer: New Code, New Day, andersonlegalgroup.com/wp-content/uploads/publications/BANKRUPTCY%20REFORM.pdf
- Division of Closely Held Business Interests, andersonlegalgroup.com/wp-content/uploads/publications/DIVISION%20OF%20BUSINESS%20INTERESTS.pdf
- Who Gets the Debts, or Worse, I’m Gonna File for Bankruptcy, andersonlegalgroup.com/wp-content/uploads/publications/WHO%20GETS%20THE%20DEBTS.pdf
- The Bankruptcy Reform Act of 2005: Why do they call it BARF?, 6TH Annual Family Law On The Front Lines Conference, June 22-23, 2006, Galveston, Texas, Co-Authored
- Mr. Anderson primarily represents clients in Tarrant, Dallas and Denton. However, he accepts cases in other Texas Counties
- Annette Stewart American Inn of Court, Member
- Criminal Law Section of the State Bar of Texas, Member
- All Texas State Courts
- Dallas & Tarrant County Family Law Sections, Member
- Family Law Foundation, Lifetime Member
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, Member
- United States Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- College State Bar of Texas
- Family Law Section of the State Bar of Texas, Member
- Dallas & Tarrant County Bar Associations, Member
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- Dallas & Tarrant County Criminal Law Sections, Member
- Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists
- Recertification Year: Board Certified Family Law--Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 2022
- Recertification Year: Board Certified Family Law--Texas Board of Legal Specialization , 2017
- Board Certified Family Law--Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 2007
- Recertification Year: Board Certified Family Law--Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 2012
- Martindale-Hubble (for both ethics and legal competence)
- Super Lawyer Rising Star, 2011 - 2015
Office location for Andrew J. Anderson
5209 Heritage Ave
Colleyville, TX 76034
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2011 - 2015
Certificates and credentials