Shannon D. Norris
Top rated employment & labor attorney in Coppell, TexasNorris Law Firm, PLLC
Shannon D. Norris, of Norris Law Firm PLLC in Coppell, Texas, focuses his law practice on employment law, civil litigation, and business law. A knowledgeable and experienced attorney, Mr. Norris has been practicing employment law since 1993.
Mr. Norris serves a diverse group of clients including small and large businesses, business owners, and individuals throughout the Dallas metropolitan area and the State of Texas. He has extensive experience handling complex cases involving employment disputes, noncompete agreements, trade secrets, business litigation, employee benefits, and various corporate and employment law matters. He consistently provides personalized legal services and delivers valuable results.
After graduating summa cum laude from West Texas A&M University with a bachelor’s degree in political science, Mr. Norris earned his law degree from Texas Tech University School of Law. He graduated law school magna cum laude and as a member of the Order of the Coif. Upon law school graduation, he began practicing in the labor and employment law section of a major law firm. He later founded Norris Law Firm PLLC, which allowed him greater flexibility to represent clients competently and effectively.
An active member of the State Bar of Texas, Mr. Norris belongs to the association’s Labor and Employment Law and Litigation Sections. He also belongs to the Dallas Bar Association’s Employment Law and Litigation Sections. Mr. Norris is a certified fraud examiner and a member of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners.
Mr. Norris holds licenses to practice law before all Texas state courts, the U.S. district courts for the northern, southern, eastern and western districts of Texas and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit.
Practice areasEmployment & labor: employer, Employment litigation: defense, Civil litigation: defense, General litigation
Wage & hour laws, Sexual harassment, Employment law - employer, Litigation, Restraining order
- 50% Employment & labor: employer
- 30% Employment litigation: defense
- 10% Civil litigation: defense
- 10% General litigation
First Admitted: 1993, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.norrisfirm.com/about.php
- Dallas Bar Association, Labor & Employment Law Section, Employee Benefits/Executive Compensation Section, Business Litigation Section
- State Bar of Texas, Labor & Employment Law Section, Litigation Section, Business Law Section
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- Supreme Court of Texas, 1993
- West Texas State University, B.A. Political Science 1990, Summa cum laude
- Health Care
Office location for Shannon D. Norris
735 Plaza Boulevard
Coppell, TX 75019
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2022