Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Corpus Christi, TX
A highly regarded civil litigation attorney, Christopher Lowrance is a partner at Royston Rayzor. Located in the firm’s office in Corpus Christi, Texas, he represents clients throughout Nueces County and other parts of the greater metropolitan area. Mr. Lowrance has been admitted to practice law in Texas since 1992, and he is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas as well as before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit.
A significant portion of Mr. Lowrance’s practice involves his defense of personal injury and wrongful death litigation. He has represented insurance companies in cases arising out of premises liability, construction and oil field accidents, maritime claims, truck and other motor vehicle crashes, toxic torts, professional malpractice and defective products. Mr. Lowrance has been able to obtain numerous favorable results for his clients, including directed verdicts by the judge as well as jury verdicts after deliberations have concluded.
Mr. Lowrance has many clients that are engaged in the maritime industry as well, including shipbuilders and managers, offshore drilling companies, vessel charterers, and cargo haulers. His work on their behalf has involved litigation and counseling on maritime law matters, and he performs similar types of services for nonmaritime companies as well. Mr. Lowrance has received a great deal of positive recognition from his colleagues for the high quality of his work and his successful track record, including an AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell.
Mr. Lowrance majored in English and history at Rice University and received a Bachelor of Arts in 1986. He later went on to attend The University of Texas at Austin School of Law, and in 1992, he was awarded his Juris Doctor with honors.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 60%Personal Injury - General: Defense
- 30%Civil Litigation: Defense
- 10%Professional Liability: Plaintiff
Motor Vehicle Accidents, Wrongful Death, Construction Accident, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Personal Injury - Defense, Professional Malpractice - Other
- Super Lawyers: 2012 - 2022
About Christopher Lowrance
First Admitted: 1992, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.roystonlaw.com/attorneys-27
- Best Lawyers
- Named a Texas Super Lawyer since 2012
- AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
- Included in the 2021 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America© for Admiralty & Maritime Law
- TIDA - Trucking Industry Defense Association
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
- Maritime Law Association of the United States, Proctor Member
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- State Bar of Texas, 1992
- United States District Court (Southern and Western Districts of Texas)
- Past President of the Propeller Club of Corpus Christi, Texas
- Fifth Federal Circuit Bar Association
- Designated as a Proctor in Admiralty by the Maritime Law Association
- Rice University- B.A., 1986
- Oil And Gas
Last Updated: 2/9/2022