Jeffrey G. Wigington
Top Rated Products Liability Attorney in Corpus Christi, TX
Jeffrey G. Wigington is a co-founder of Wigington Rumley Dunn & Blair L.L.P., located in the firm's office in Corpus Christi, Texas. Providing representation to clients nationwide, he focuses his practice on plaintiff's personal injury litigation, with an emphasis on cases involving defective products. Mr. Wigington also assists landowners in environmental lawsuits brought against companies such as pipeline owners whose reckless actions have damaged his clients' properties.
Mr. Wigington's higher education began at Baylor University where he earned a Bachelor of Arts in business with honors in 1989. He then went on to attend Wake Forest University School of Law and was awarded his Juris Doctor in 1992. After graduation, Mr. Wigington joined a Corpus Christi firm that provided defense representation for insurers in personal injury lawsuits before becoming a plaintiff's attorney four years later. Since that time, Mr. Wigington has obtained several notable settlements and jury awards for his clients. He also has handled complex multidistrict litigation, including cases involving Toyota and General Motors.
Admitted to practice in Texas and Oklahoma, Mr. Wigington is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western District of Texas. Highly regarded by his fellow professionals, he has received an AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell, and he is also certified as a specialist in personal injury trial law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. He is a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA). Mr. Wigington is an active participant in several legal organizations, including the Texas Trial Lawyers Association and the American Association for Justice, and he is a fellow of the Oklahoma Bar Foundation.
* AV®, BV®, AV Preeminent® and BV Distinguished® are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general practice standards.
About Jeffrey G. Wigington
First Admitted: 1992, Texas
Professional Webpage: http://www.wigrum.com/attorneys/jeffrey-g-wigington/
- Ford's Dangerous Door-Latch Defects
- The Best-Selling Defect in America
- Martindale-Hubbell legal directory AV®-rated lawyer
- Texas Super Lawyer™ by Thomson Reuters , 2003-2004, 2007-2016*
- Member, The National Trial Lawyer's Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- American Association of Justice (AAJ)
- State Bar of Texas Personal Injury Trial Law Advisory Commission
- Litigation Counsel of America
- State Court of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- Past President, American Board of Trial Advocates, Corpus Christi Chapter
- State Bar of Texas
- Attorneys Information Exchange Group (AIEG)
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association (TTLA)
- Fellow, Oklahoma Bar Association
- State Court of Oklahoma
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- Baylor University, Bachelor of Arts in Business, with honors, 1989
- Personal Injury Trial Law, Board Certified by Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 1999
Last Updated: 5/15/2022