Justin L. Williams
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Corpus Christi, TX
- Free Consultation
Justin L. Williams is an attorney at the law firm of Williams Attorneys PLLC located in Corpus Christi, Texas. He is a civil litigation attorney in Texas, serving Houston, Austin, Victoria, San Antonio, Beaumont, Galveston, and Bexar, Nueces, Harris, Travis and Jefferson counties. He takes on personal injury cases involving any of the following:
- Oil field accidents
- Serious and catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death
- Trucking accidents
- Maritime law
- Class actions
- Corporate law
With a major in political science, Mr. Williams has a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Houston. He obtained his Juris Doctor from the University of Houston Law Center. While in law school, he was associate editor of the University of Houston Law Review.
Actively involved in the legal field, Mr. Williams is a member of the American Bar Association and was among the board of directors of the Texas Trial Lawyers Association. He is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. A tenacious litigator, he is board-certified in civil trial law by the National Board of Trial Advocacy.
Mr. Williams is licensed to practice in the states of Texas and North Dakota; the U.S. District Court for the 3rd Circuit in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware; the U.S. District Court for the 5th Circuit in Texas, Louisiana and Mississippi; U.S. District Court for the 8th Circuit in North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri and Arkansas; the U.S. District Court for the 10th Circuit in Colorado, Wyoming, Utah, Kansas, Oklahoma and New Mexico; and the U.S. District Court for the 11th Circuit in Alabama, Georgia and Florida.
For his exceptional work in the legal field, Mr. Williams was named to the Top 100 Trial Lawyers by The National Trial Lawyers. He has a “Superb” rating on Avvo and was added to the list of Best Attorneys in America by Rue Ratings Best Attorneys of America. Mr. Williams was included in America's Top 100 High Stakes Litigators list by America's Top 100 and was named to the Top One Percent list by the National Organization of Distinguished Counsel.
Mr. Williams is a fervent speaker and has lectured at a Texas Association of Legal Professionals convention and has also written extensively on maritime law. He has successfully obtained many million-dollar and multimillion-dollar verdicts and settlements. For his high legal capability and ethical standards, Mr. Williams has an AV preeminent* peer review rating from Martindale-Hubbell.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 70%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 20%Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
- 10%Class Action/Mass Torts: Plaintiff
Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Wrongful Death, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Trucking Accidents, Pharmaceutical, Class Actions, Toxic Torts
- Super Lawyers: 2013 - 2022
Certificates and Credentials
- Keynote Speaker:Mensa Annual Gathering Phoenix (2019) - Mr. Willians gave the keynote speech at the annual Mensa gathering in Phoenix with paper on exceptionalism and the price of big oil:why it matters to you.
About Justin L. Williams
First Admitted: 1983, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.williamstrial.com/legal-team/justin-williams/
- The University of Houston, B.A. Political in June 1981
- Board Certified in Civil Trial Law by National Board of Trial Advocates
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Mr. Williams is now admitted to practice in the state of North Dakota in both the Federal and state courts. He now represents injured oil field workers, victims of trucking accidents and other catastrophic injuries in North Dakota.
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers, 2014
- Mr. Williams spends most of his time representing injury victims and their families throughout Texas and the United States. Mr. Williams gained vast experience in these cases representing, Halliburton Company and its affiliates, Mobil Oil Corporation and its affiliates, and Westinghouse Electric Corporation in cases throughout Texas and the United States as well as Internationally. Currently, Mr. Williams represents injured plaintiffs in oil and gas blow-outs or explosions, off-shore cases, cases arising from product or drug defects, medical malpractice. automotive or trucking accident cases as well as businesses who have been damaged by other businesses. Mr. Williams is proud to represent average Americans injured by the negligence of others and has been a frequent speaker on the right to trial by jury and the founding fathers view on jury trials in America.
- Mr. Williams negotiated what is believed to be the largest settlement in North Dakota history on behalf of the parents of a 21-year-old oil field worker killed in a blow-out while working on a work-over rig. In 2015 Mr. Williams obtained an even larger settlement on behalf of the parents of a 26-year-old oil field worker who was killed. In 2018, Mr. Williams and firm associate Sean Williams along with Jeff Weikum obtained the largest verdict for a back injury in North Dakota history. , 2012
- National Association of Distinguished Counsel, National Association of Distinguished Counsel, 2018
- The National Top 100 Trial Lawyers, The National Trial Lawyers, 2018
- Top Rated Texas Personal Injury Attorney, Super Lawyers is a Thomson Reuters Service, 2014-2019
- Avvo 5-star Review, AVVO.com
- Top 100 Litigators, The National Trial Lawyers, 2014
- America's Top 100 Attorneys, America’s Top 100 LLC, 2018
- Lawyers of Distinction, Top 10% in the U. S./Personal Injury, 2017
- Mr. Williams was elected an Associate Editor of the University of Houston Law Review, Associate Editor, Houston Law Review, University of Houston, 1982
- Best Attorneys in America, Rue Ratings Best Attorneys in America
- America's Top 100 High Stakes Litigators, America's Top 100, 2017
- Nations Top one percent, National Organization of Distinguished Counsel, 2015
- U.S. District Court Eleventh Circuit - Alabama, Georgia, Florida
- U.S. District Court Tenth Circuit - Colorado, Wyoming, Utah, Kansas, Oklahoma, New Mexico
- U.S. District Court Eighth Circuit - North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, Arkansas
- U.S. District Court Fifth Circuit - Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi
- U.S. District Court Third Circuit - Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware
- North Dakota
- Board of Directors of the Texas Trial lawyers Association, 2015
- Article on maritime forum selection clauses published in journal., author, Forum Selection Clauses: Where They Are; Where They Are Going, Houston Journal of International Law, 1983
- Verdicts and values in Texas: Greater New Orleans Barge Fleeting, Speaker/author, Maritime, 1995
- Was the closing speaker at the 2012 Texas State Convention of the Texas Association of Legal Professionals. Spoke on the right to jury trial in civil litigation in America., Speaker, Right to Jury Trial, Texas Association Of Legal Professionals, 2012
Pro bono/Community Service
- Lector; St. Thomas Catholic Church, 1995
- R. C. I. A. mentor St. Thomas Catholic church., 1996
- After target defendant obtained a summary judgement, Mr. Williams obtained a $7 million dollar settlement on behalf of an injured construction worker working in a chemical plant., 2011
- Mr. Williams and firm associate Sean Williams along with North Dakota firm Pagel Weikum's Jeff Weikum obtained a verdict in an unwitnessed oil field accident for a back injury victim of $4.1 million reduced to $2.5 million., 2018
- Mr. Williams and firm partner Sean Williams along with North Dakota attorney Jeff Weikum obtained the largest oilfield verdict in North Dakota after a 3 week trial when their client Robert Todd Simmons was awarded over $9,500,000 by a Williston, North Dakota jury.
- represented physician fired by HMO for standing up for patient rights verdict of over $19 million for Plt. largest peer review verdict in nation., 2000
- American Bar Association
- Best Attorneys Of America; Lifetime Charter Member; National Association Of Distinguished Counsel
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association (Board Of Directors); Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Top One Percent; National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers; Million Dollar Advocates Forum
Last Updated: 6/8/2022