Kevin W. Liles
Top rated Products Liability attorney in Corpus Christi, TexasLiles White PLLC
Kevin W. Liles is committed to helping the injured get fair and just compensation. A co-founder of the Corpus Christi, Texas, law firm Liles Harris PLLC, he represents individuals and their families throughout Texas, the United States and Mexico after they have suffered harm from tractor trailer and commercial motor vehicle accidents, workplace accidents, defective products, and other safety hazards and acts of negligence.
A longtime Texan, Mr. Liles graduated from Texas A&M University, where he majored in electrical and mechanical engineering, business and marketing. He received a Juris Doctor from Baylor Law School in Waco, Texas, where he served as Editor-in-Chief of the Baylor Law Review.
After law school, Mr. Liles represented both plaintiffs and defendants in a variety of cases for the international law firm Fulbright & Jaworski LLP. He later joined a smaller firm, where he represented plaintiffs in oil industry negligence cases and automotive product liability cases. In 2010, Mr. Liles joined forces with Bryan K. Harris to form Liles Harris PLLC, a litigation firm devoted to representing the injured in complex cases involving trucking negligence, automotive defects and other matters.
Mr. Liles is admitted to practice in both Texas and Arizona, as well as a number of federal district and appellate courts. He is also a member of many professional organizations, including the Texas Trial Lawyers Association, the American Association for Justice and the Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America, L.L.C.
Mr. Liles' hard work and skill have earned him praise in his community and the respect of his peers in the legal profession. He has received the AV Preeminent* rating from Martindale-Hubbell. In 2007, he was chosen to receive a Corpus Christi Under 40 award in recognition of his contributions to culture and opportunity in the area.
* AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - Products: Plaintiff, Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Brain Injury, Construction Accident, Dram Shop Laws, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Motor Vehicle Defects, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 20% Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
- 80% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 1997, Texas
Professional Webpage: http://www.lileswhite.com/our-team/kevin-w-liles
- New Mexico Trial Lawyers Association
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Life Member
- American Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America
- Attorneys Information Exchange Group
- Bar Associations of Arizona
- Corpus Christi Bar Association
- Corpus Christi Young Lawyers Association (President, 2003-04, Outstanding Young Lawyer of the Year, 2005-06)
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Life Member
- State Bar of Texas
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Texas, 1997
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court District of Arizona
- Law Review: Baylor Law Review, 1995 – 1997, Member
- Law Review: Baylor Law Review, 1996 – 1997, Editor-in-Chief
- "Hours of Service Oilfield Exceptions -- Increasing Fatigue," AAJ Trucking Litigation Group, Journal of Trucking Litigation, author, 2014
- “‘AV’ Peer Review rated by Martindale Hubbell
- Corpus Christi Under 40 Award for professional excellence and community contributions, 2007
- 2005 - 2006, Outstanding Young Lawyer of the Year, Corpus Christi Bar Association
- A Dallas County jury awarded $37,945,000 to the wife, 2 kids and mother of a 42 year old decedent who collided his minivan into the side of an O'Reilly Auto Parts tractor trailer that was negligent operated and left blocking all lanes of a highway. In addition to finding the O'Reilly driver responsible, the jury found the company O'Reilly Auto Parts negligent and grossly negligent for unsafe internal policies that failed to identify the subject 18 wheeler driver as an unsafe driver and to pull him off the roadways because of his unsafe driving history.
- Texas A & M University, College Station, Texas B.S., Bachelor of Science Major: Industrial Distribution (Majoring in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, business, and marketing), 1993
- Board Certified, Personal Injury Trial Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 2005
Office location for Kevin W. Liles
500 North Water Street
Corpus Christi, TX 78401-0232
- Super Lawyers: 2012 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2005, 2007 - 2011