Michael E. Richardson, II
Top Rated Business Litigation Attorney in Corpus Christi, TX
Selected to Rising Stars: 2008, 2010
- Virtual Appointments
Michael E. Richardson II is an attorney at Hilliard Martinez Gonzales LLP in Corpus Christi, Texas. Mr. Richardson has experience with a wide variety of complex litigation matters, including business torts, class actions, contract disputes, insurance coverage, intellectual property, legal malpractice, personal injury, product liability, professional liability and other issues. He serves clients throughout the Corpus Christi area.
Mr. Richardson has over 20 years of legal experience and is a respected trial attorney. Over the course of his career, he has received recognition for his legal accomplishments, including a listing in The Best Lawyers in America. He was named Local Litigation Star by Benchmark Litigation in 2016, and in 2013, Texas’ Best Lawyers acknowledged him for legal malpractice law defense.
Active in his professional community, Mr. Richardson is a member of the Houston Bar Association Fee Dispute Program committee, the Texas Association of Defense Counsel and the Association of Professional Responsibility Lawyers. He is a fellow in the Texas Bar Foundation and belongs to the Professional Liability Defense Federation.
Mr. Richardson has served in leadership roles in several organizations. He serves on the board of trustees for the Houston Lawyer Referral Service and on the District 4 Subcommittee of the Texas Unauthorized Practice of Law Committee. He is licensed to practice law before all Texas state courts and the U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas.
After completing his bachelor’s degree, Mr. Richardson graduated from the University of Houston Law Center. Prior to joining Hilliard Martinez Gonzales LLP, he was a partner and litigator at another private law firm, also serving as the firm’s pro bono coordinator.
About Michael E. Richardson, II
First Admitted: 1997, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://hmglawfirm.com/michael-richardson/
Pro bono/Community Service
- Beck Redden’s Pro Bono Coordinator
- Board of Trustees, Houston Lawyer Referral Service
- Member, Professional Liability Defense Federation
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
- Member, ABA Standing Committee of Lawyers Professional Liability
- Member, District 4 Subcommittee of The Unauthorized Practice of Law Committee
- Member, Houston Bar Association, Fee Dispute Committee
- Member, Association of Professional Responsibility Lawyers
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
- Recognized in Texas' Best Lawyers for Legal Malpractice Law-Defense, 2013
- Recognized by Benchmark Litigation as a Local Litigation Star - Texas, 2016
- Named “Rising Star” in Business Litigation, Thomas Reuters Super Lawyer's, 2008, 2010
- Named in Best Lawyers in America for Legal Malpractice Law, 2012-2014
Last Updated: 5/20/2022