Nicholas V. Rothschild
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Corpus Christi, TX
Selected to Rising Stars: 2014 - 2020
Mr. Rothschild was born and raised in Corpus Christi, Texas. He obtained his Bachelors Degree from the University of Texas at Austin, and his law degree from Southern Methodist University in Dallas, Texas.
After graduating law school, Mr. Rothschild joined a prominent family law firm in Dallas, Texas where he learned how to handle complex family law cases involving large estates and high-stakes child custody matters.
"I was incredibly fortuntate to have been trained and mentored by some of the best family attorneys in the state as a young attorney," he says, "I spent the first five years of my practice learning how to to effectively handle complex family law cases at the highest level. I then relocated to Corpus Christi and brought those skills to my home town."
Mr. Rothschild specializes in contested divorce cases involving asset tracing, asset characterziation, business valuation, reimbursement claims, fraud, and wasting of assets. He also specializes in high-conflict child custody cases, pre and post-martial property agreements, child support disputes, interstate child cusotdy matters, enforcement and modification of prior orders, and cases involving family violence. He is often retained to take cases over from other attonreys when cases have become too complex, when other attorneys have failed to reach a resolution, or when a critical trial deadline is approaching.
Mr. Rothschild is board certifed in family law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, a mark of excellence and a distinguishing accomplishment within the Texas legal community. There are over 100,000 attorneys licensed to practice law in Texas; less than 1% have attained the eligibility requirements and successfully completed the testing required to become board certfied.
Mr. Rothschild has received numerous awards and accolades that exemplify his commitment to excellence in family law.
In 2017, Mr. Rothschild was honored to be nominated by his peers to serve a five-year term on the prestigious State Bar of Texas Family Law Council, the governing body of the State Bar of Texas Family Law Section.
He was also nominated to serve on a committee of distinguished family law experts who draft and revise the Texas Family Law Practice Manual, which is a five volume publication of legal forms and commentary that is extensively utillized by family attorneys and judges across Texas.
He is a member of the Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists, a past president and vice president of the Corpus Christi Family Law Association, and a former member of the Board of Directors of the Corpus Christi Bar Association.
Mr. Rothschild has been selected as a Rising Star Super Lawyer in Texas Monthly magazine every year since 2014. In 2015, he was recognized by the National Academy of Family Law Attonreys as one of the Top 10 Under 40 family law attorneys in Texas.
Mr. Rothschild is frequently invited to speak to lawyers, judges, and others within the legal community regarding family law matters at Continuing Legal Education seminars.
Mr. Rothschild lives in Corpus Christi with his wife and two children.
Certificates and Credentials
- Texas Board of Legal Specialization
About Nicholas V. Rothschild
First Admitted: 2007
Professional Webpage: https://www.rothschildlawfirm.com/about-us/nicholas-rothschi...
- Member, Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists
- Member, State Bar of Texas Family Law Council, 2017
- Member, Texas Family Law Practice Manual Formbook Committee, State Bar of Texas
- Member, Planning Committee, 44th Annual Annual Advanced Family Law Course, State Bar of Texas (2018)
- Member, Planning Committee, Marriage Dissolution Seminar, State Bar of Texas (2018)
- Past President, Family Law Section, Corpus Christi Bar Association, 2016
- Past Vice President, Family Law Section, Corpus Christi Bar Association, 2015
- Member, College of the State Bar of Texas
Pro bono/Community Service
- Member, Pro Bono Committee, Texas Family Law Council
- Board Certified-Family Law Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Top 10 Family Law Attorneys in Texas Under 40, National Academy of Family Law Attorneys
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Texas at Austin, 2002
- Juris Doctorate, Southern Methodist Univeristy, Dedman School of Law
Last Updated: 5/15/2022