Arlene Switzer Steinfield
Top rated Alternative Dispute Resolution attorney in Dallas, TexasSteinfield Employment Law, PLLC
Practice Areas: Alternative Dispute Resolution, Employment & Labor; view more
Licensed in Texas since: 1983
Education: Georgetown University Law Center
Languages Spoken: English, French
Steinfield Employment Law, PLLC11603 High Forest Drive
Dallas, TX 75230
Arlene Switzer Steinfield is the principal attorney at the Dallas, Texas, law firm of Steinfield Employment Law, PLLC. As the name of her firm suggests, she focuses her practice exclusively on employment law matters and provides innovative and customized legal solutions to employers in a variety of industries, including health care, real estate, restaurants, hospitality, educational institutions and product manufacturing.
Well-versed in alternative dispute resolution techniques such as mediation, Ms. Steinfield helps people work out issues outside court with the same level of rigor. She has shouldered several mediations at the state and federal levels in matters involving employment discrimination, workplace harassment, employee misconduct, retaliation, wrongful termination, public policy actions and contract disputes. She has represented employers before the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the National Labor Relations Board and the Texas Workforce Commission – to name a few.
Ms. Steinfield completed her undergraduate degree in social psychology with distinction at the University of Rochester in 1975. She then pursued her legal education at Georgetown University Law Center and graduated magna cum laude with her Juris Doctor in 1978. While in law school, she served on the Executive Editorial Board of the American Criminal Law Review.
Board-certified as a specialist in labor and employment law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, Ms. Steinfield has been recognized by The Best Lawyers in America consistently since 2003 for her work in the field. Furthermore, D Magazine listed her in its Best Women Lawyers in Dallas list as well as named her the Best Lawyer for Labor & Employment Law. She was also selected as a "Leader in the Field" of labor and employment law by Chambers USA.
A well-regarded professional, Ms. Steinfield is a fellow of the American Bar Foundation, the Dallas Bar Foundation and the Texas Bar Foundation. She holds memberships in the Labor and Employment Law Sections of the State Bar of Texas, the Dallas Bar Association and the American Employment Law Council. Moreover, she has actively contributed to the American Bar Association and has held several leadership positions in the organization.
Keen to spread knowledge in her community, Ms. Steinfield has published several articles for many esteemed publications. She also frequently conducts training on employment law compliance and preventative compliance strategies.
Early in her career, Ms. Steinfield served as the staff attorney at the National Labor Relations Board – Division of Advice in Washington D.C. She is a board member of the City of Dallas Community Police Oversight Board, the Anti-Defamation League – Dallas and the Dallas Jewish Community Foundation.
Practice areasAlternative Dispute Resolution, Employment & Labor: Employer
Labor Law, Mediation, Sexual Harassment, Wage & Hour Laws, Whistleblower
First Admitted: 1979, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.linkedin.com/in/arlene-steinfield-59212912/
- Dallas Holocaust and Human Rights Museum - Pro bono representation of Holocaust survivors to obtain reparations benefits; member of Program Committee; pro bono representation of Museum
- Board Member, City of Dallas Community Police Oversight Board, 2022
- Anti-Defamation League, Dallas Regional Board, Member, 2009-2011
- Dallas Jewish Community Foundation Member, Board of Directors, 1999-2003 Member, Executive Committee and Trustee, 1992-1994 Chair, Distribution Committee, 1992-1994
- The Greenhill School, Trustee, 2006-2012
- Jewish Federation of Greater Dallas Vice President, 1999-2003 Member, Executive Committee, 1996-2005 Member, Board of Directors, 1996-2006 Past Chair, Planning & Allocations Committee, 1997-1999 Founding Member of Cardozo Society
- Texas International Theatrical Arts Society (TITAS), Trustee, 2012-Present
- Georgetown University Law Center Alumni Admissions Program, Interviewer, 2010-Present
- Recognized as a Best Lawyer for Labor & Employment Law, by D Magazine, 2012-2016
- Recognized in Chambers USA, as a Leader in Their Field, Labor and Employment, 2007–2016
- Recognized as one of the "The Best Lawyers: Labor and Employment", by Corporate Counsel, 2004–2010
- , College of Labor and Employment Lawyers: President - 2022; Vice President - 2021; Secretary - 2020; Treasurer - 2019; Member, Board of Governors, elected in 2014; Fellow, Inducted in 2005; Co-chair, Strategic Planning Committee, 2016–Present; Member, Regi
- Best Women Lawyers in Dallas, D Magazine, 2010
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers of America®, Employment Law -- Management, and Litigation - Labor and Employment, 2003-Present. Copyright 2015 by Woodward/White, Inc., Aiken, SC
- Fellow, American Bar Foundation
- Member, American Employment Law Council
- Fellow, Dallas Bar Foundation
- Member, State Bar of Texas, Labor and Employment Law Section
- Member, Dallas Bar Association, Employment Law and Dispute Resolution Sections
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
- American Bar Association: ABA Section of Labor and Employment Law, Employer Co-Chair, Sponsorships, Donors and Grants Taskforce, 2009-2011; ABA Section of Labor and Employment Law Annual CLE Conference, Employer Co-chair, 2009, Employer Vice Chair, 2008, Segment Producer, 2007; Member, Section of Labor and Employment Law, Equal Employment Opportunity Committee
- Chapter Monitor, Chapter on Sex Discrimination, First Supplement to Fifth Edition of Employment Discrimination Law (BNA), and Chapter on Sexual and Other Forms of Harassment, 2009 and 2010 Cumulative Supplements to Fourth Edition
- President, College of Labor and Employment Lawyers, 2022
- University of Rochester, B.A., Social Psychology, with Distinction, 1975
- Université de Montpellier, Faculté des Lettres, Montpellier, France, 1973-74
- "Avoiding Retaliation Claims by Current Employees," Clear Law Institute, Webinar Presentation September 23, 2015
- "Examining The EEOC's Broad Interpretation Of Title VII," Law360, March 11, 2016
- "Navigating the DOL’s Overtime Exemption Regulations—Dallas," Dykema Cox Smith Presentation, June 8, 2016
- "Are you planning for the new overtime exemption rules? You should be.," Dykema Cox Smith Presentation, March 31, 2016
- "The Judge's Perspective," Panel Moderator, College of Labor and Employment Lawyers Fifth Circuit Regional CLE Conference, New Orleans, Louisiana March 19, 2016
- "Fantasy Football in the Workplace: Team Building Activity vs. Drain on Productivity?," Dallas Bar Association, Dallas, Texas February 15, 2016
- Board Certified, Labor and Employment Law by Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 1984
- Health Care including dental services
- Oil And Gas
- Real Estate
Office location for Arlene Switzer Steinfield
11603 High Forest Drive
Dallas, TX 75230
- Super Lawyers: 2003 - 2023