Top rated business litigation attorney in Dallas, TexasMcCathern, Shokouhi, Evans, Grinke
Practice Areas: Business litigation, Banking, Cannabis law view more
Licensed in Texas since: 2006
Education: Michigan State University College of Law
McCathern, Shokouhi, Evans, Grinke3710 Rawlins Street
Dallas, TX 75219 Visit website
Arnold Shokouhi is an equity owner and the Managing Partner for McCathern, Shokouhi, Evans, Grinke. His practice focuses on complex civil litigation, with a particular focus on business disputes, banking and mortgage, real estate, director and officer liability, health care litigation, and cannabis law.
Arnold also heads McCathern's Banking and Mortgage section, and has extensive experience in the mortgage banking industry. His section handles everything from drafting mortgage documents to dealing with state and federal compliance matters for financial institutions and service providers.
Additionally, his experience handling transactional matters has given him the ability to effectively filter through the intricacies of complex commercial litigation matters. Arnold has played a critical role in the litigation of multi-million dollar disputes between billion dollar corporations. For example, Arnold took the lead role for Cowboys Stadium, L.P. in the litigation involving the highly publicized suite lawsuits at Cowboys Stadium.
Arnold’s experiences allow him to represent both small and large clients in the commercial and employment litigation arenas. Arnold follows the belief of there being no small client or matter, and handles all clients and matters with the utmost diligence and importance.
As Managing Partner, Arnold has spearheaded an expansion of McCathern that has seen office openings in Houston and Los Angeles. Arnold has worked closely with the management of the firm to expand the vision and brand of McCathern by increasing practice sections and markets sectors that have a synergy with McCathern's existing business. He believes in the firm's slogan of "Improving People's Lives" and attempts to incorporate that in every aspect of his management of the firm.
Arnold was raised in Austin, Texas and moved to the Dallas area in 1999 to attend Southern Methodist University. Arnold received his Bachelor of Business Administration in Financial Consulting (a hybrid finance/accounting degree) from the Cox School of Business in 2003. He received his law degree from Michigan State University College of Law, where he earned a certificate of concentration in corporate law. Arnold was licensed to practice law by the State of Texas in 2006 and the State of California in 2011. He is licensed to practice law in all of the United States District Courts in both Texas and California. He is a member of the Mortgage Banking Association (MBA), Dallas Bar Association (DBA), and Dallas Young Lawyers Association (DYLA).
Arnold was named to the Texas Super Lawyers Rising Star® list from 2013 - 2021 and in 2021 he was named to the Up-and-Coming 100: Texas Rising Stars List. Additionally, Arnold was named by D Magazine as a Best Lawyer in Dallas for Banking & Finance from 2014 to 2017. He was selected as one of only 20 Extraordinary Minorities in Texas Law for 2015 by Texas Lawyer. In 2017, Super Lawyers magazine featured Arnold in an article that told his remarkable story.
Practice areasBusiness litigation, Banking, Cannabis law, Employment litigation: defense, Health care
- 50% Business litigation
- 20% Banking
- 10% Cannabis law
- 10% Employment litigation: defense
- 10% Health care
First Admitted: 2006, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://mccathernlaw.com/attorney/arnold-shokouhi/
- Certificate of concentration in Corporate Law, Michigan State University College of Law, 2006
- Texas, 2006
- California, 2011
- U.S. District Court Southern Districts of Texas
- U.S. District Court Eastern Districts of Texas
- U.S. District Court Northern Districts of Texas
- U.S. District Court Western Districts of Texas
- Member, Dallas Bar Association
- Member, Dallas Young Lawyers Association
- Member, Mortgage Banking Association (MBA)
- Michigan State University College of Law, Juris Doctor, 2006
- Southern Methodist University, Cox School of Business, B.B.A. in Financial Consulting (a hybrid finance/accounting degree), 2003
- An introduction to McCathern, a full-service law firm based in Dallas with additional offices in Houston, Frisco, and Los Angeles. McCathern lawyers succeed through a unique combination of strategy, innovation and legal acumen. Our clients count on us to work through legal conflicts, guide businesses through key strategies and swiftly achieve conflict resolution. At McCathern, we work tirelessly to pursue and protect our clients’ interests, improving lives along the way., The McCathern Law Firm - Improving People's Lives, 2020
- , Up-And-Coming 100: Texas Rising Stars List, Super Lawyers, 2021
- Featured in the inaugural issue of Texas Lawyer magazine's Trailblazers issue., Texas Trailblazers, Texas Lawyer, 2019
Selected as one of D Magazine's Best Lawyers in Dallas for Banking., D Best Lawyers in Dallas, D Magazine, 2017
Selected as one of D Magazine's Best Lawyers in Dallas for Banking., D Best Lawyers in Dallas, D Magazine, 2016
- Selected as one of D Magazine's Best Lawyers in Dallas for Banking, D Best Lawyers in Dallas, D Magazine, 2015
- Selected as one of D Magazine's Best Lawyers in Dallas for Banking, D Best Lawyers in Dallas, D Magazine , 2014
- Selected as one of twenty Extraordinary Minorities in Texas Law by Texas Lawyer. http://mccathernlaw.com/17-news/news/179-extraordinary-minorities-in-texas-law , Extraordinary Minorities in Texas Law, Texas Lawyer, 2015
- Dallas Bar Association (DBA)
- Dallas Young Lawyers Association
- Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA)
Office location for Arnold Shokouhi
3710 Rawlins Street
Dallas, TX 75219
- Super Lawyers: 2023
- Rising Stars: 2013 - 2021
These comments were made by fellow attorneys during the annual nomination process.
“Arnold has embraced his role as Managing Partner and has spurred the tremendous growth of this firm.”