Aubrey P. Boswell
Top rated estate planning & probate attorney in Dallas, TexasTarleton + Boswell, PLLC
Practice Areas: Estate planning & probate, Tax, Business & corporate; view more
Licensed in Texas since: 2009
Attorney Aubrey P. Boswell, a partner at Tarleton + Boswell, PLLC, in Dallas, Texas, focuses in the areas of estate planning, estate and trust administration, taxation, probate, asset protection planning, privacy planning and business formation. Since 2010, he has been helping his clients across Texas turn their goals into reality.
The exclusive combination of Mr. Boswell’s legal knowledge and public accountancy certification from the Texas State Board of Public Accountancy enables him to anticipate potential issues and tax consequences while crafting an estate plan. With a vision to create and implement an effective yet straightforward estate plan for clients of all backgrounds, he guides them through their options and ensures that their legacy has meaning and purpose.
Mr. Boswell graduated with his bachelor’s degree in accounting magna cum laude at the Southern Methodist University and his Juris Doctor degree cum laude at the Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law. He began his career at a Dallas accounting firm and then moved on to a boutique law firm, where he developed thoughtful estate plans.
Currently, Mr. Boswell serves on the board of directors of the Dallas Estate Planning Council. He also had a couple of stints as a board member of the Dallas Association of Young Lawyers (DAYL). He maintains a high professional engagement with entities such as the Dallas Bar Association, the TXCPA Dallas and the Texas Society of CPAs. In addition, he holds a “Superb” rating on Avvo.
Mr. Boswell has contributed his time and effort to community service through DAYL’s Ask-A-Lawyer committee and his alma mater’s Small Business Clinic. He has written articles on various estate planning topics at the DAYL and the Dallas Bar Association.
Practice areasEstate planning & probate, Tax: business, Business/corporate
Estate planning, Probate & estate administration, Trusts, Tax law, Business formation and planning
- 50% Estate planning & probate
- 30% Tax: business
- 20% Business/corporate
First Admitted: 2009, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://tarletonboswell.com/our-team/
- Southern Methodist University (B.B.A., Accounting, Magna Cum Laude), 2006
- Licensed as a Certified Public Accountant, Texas State Board of Public Accountancy, 2010
- Licensed as an Attorney and Counselor at Law, State Bar of Texas, 2009
- Discussion of penalty that may apply for failure to file federal tax return on time., Author, Potential Penalty for Late Filing Tax Return -- Even if Prepared by Professional, The Dicta, Dallas Association of Young Lawyers, 2017
- Discussion of differences between a simple Will and a complex Will, and the use of checklists in preparing estate planning documents., Author, What's the Difference Between a Simple Will and a Complex Will?, The Weekly Brief, Dallas Association of Young Lawyers, 2020
- Discussion of method for modifying irrevocable trusts by agreement of beneficiaries pursuant to case law., Author, Modification of Irrevocable Trusts by Agreement, Headnotes, Dallas Bar Association, 2017
- Ask-A-Lawyer Clinic, Mesquite Public Library, Dallas Association of Young Lawyers, 2018
- Small Business Clinic, Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, Co-Chief, 2009
- An in-depth exploration of privacy planning techniques to be used by attorneys and CPAs to assist their clients in safeguarding their privacy in a public world. , Privacy Planning: Strategies & Techniques for Protecting Your Client's Personal Privacy, 2019
- Member, Dallas Bar Association, 2020
- Board of Directors, Dallas Association of Young Lawyers, 2020
- Member, TXCPA Dallas, 2020
- Member, Texas Society of CPAs, 2020
- Finance Committee, Co-Chair, Dallas Association of Young Lawyers, 2020
- Board of Directors, Dallas Estate Planning Council, 2020
Office location for Aubrey P. Boswell
8150 N. Central Expressway
Dallas, TX 75206
- Rising Stars: 2022 - 2023