David M. Pyke
Top Rated Estate Planning & Probate Attorney in Dallas, TX
Attorney David M. Pyke is the founder and owner of Pyke & Associates, P.C., which has law offices in Dallas and Arlington, Texas. A nationally ranked lawyer with more than 34 years of total legal experience, Mr. Pyke provides exceptional counsel and support to clients across his region who have legal needs involving any of the following:
· Probate law and contested estates
· Estate planning and elder law
· Guardianships and related litigation
A veteran of more than 50 disputed estate cases since focusing primarily on probate and estate litigation in 2000, Mr. Pyke has achieved remarkable success helping his clients protect their rights and interests, and obtain the favorable outcomes they seek efficiently and cost-effectively. He also passed the CPA exam on his first attempt, and he is able to provide invaluable counsel regarding his clients' estate taxes and other related financial matters.
A native of Dallas, Mr. Pyke has a genuine concern for the legal issues that affect the members of his community, and he has gained a reputation for compassion and integrity along with his uncommon ability to devise the customized solutions and strategies necessary to help his clients achieve their goals as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible.
Honored for his outstanding professionalism and service, Mr. Pyke has received AV Preeminent* peer review rating from Martindale-Hubbell each year since 1993, and he is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum. He has also received designation as among the Best Lawyers in Dallas from D Magazine along with many other top rankings and endorsements from his peers. He has also received 10 out of 10 client ratings on Avvo.
A 1983 magna cum laude graduate of Baylor University with a Bachelor of Business Administration, Mr. Pyke obtained his Juris Doctor cum laude from Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law in 1986. While there, he served as editor for the school's Law Review, and he graduated a member of the Order of the Coif and the Order of Barristers.
He is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Texas as well as the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th and 8th Circuits, and the U.S. and Texas Supreme Courts. He is also a Fellow with the Texas Bar Foundation and active member of the Probate Section of the Dallas Bar Association and the Real Estate, Probate and Trust Law Section of the State Bar of Texas.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About David M. Pyke
First Admitted: 1986, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.dallasprobatelaw.com/experienced-texas-probate-l...
- SMU School of Law -- JD -- cum laude, 1986
- Baylor University, BBA, magna cum laude, Accounting, 1983
- Dallas Bar Association -- Probate Council of Dallas Probate Section, 2016
- Fellow - Texas Bar Foundation, 1998
- Dallas Bar Foundation Fellow, 2013
- Speaker -- Dallas Bar Association regional Bench / Bar Conference "Facing the Bench -- Ethical Challenges in Probate", 2018
- We represent individuals in planning and probate disputes; we do not represent entities, banks or insurance companies, 2019
- AV Rated by Martindale, since early 90s, 2019
- Review the misconceptions that lead people to avoid the necessity of probate to obtain clear title , Can I Adversely Possess My Parents or Ancestors' House to Obtain Title Without Probate, Probate, Real Estate, 2020
- Harris County -- suit to enforce settlement agreement. Unanimous verdict defeating all defenses and counterclaims, 2017
- Denton County -- settlement of disputed annuity contract in estate recovering >$500,000 for client, 2019
- Appointment by Probate Court #1 Dallas County as receiver on multiple occasions, 2018
Last Updated: 5/15/2022