Derek T. Bragg
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Dallas, TX
Derek T. Bragg is an attorney at Quilling, Selander, Lownds, Winslett & Moser, P.C., in Dallas, Texas. Choosing to focus his practice in the area of family law, Mr. Bragg handles cases involving divorce, adoption, child support, custody, paternity, property division, termination of parental rights and more. He represents individuals in Dallas and throughout the surrounding area, including Collin, Denton, Ellis, Rockwall and Tarrant counties.
After graduating magna cum laude from the Durham-based University of New Hampshire, Mr. Bragg earned his law degree from Northeastern University School of Law in Boston. He has been licensed to practice law since 2011, is admitted practice in all Texas state courts as well as before the U.S. district courts for the northern and eastern districts of Texas, and has also litigated cases before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit.
Mr. Bragg’s representative clients include individuals and families throughout the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex who require litigation counsel for contested divorces, property division disputes, modifications of custody orders, child support, termination and adoptions, paternity actions, enforcement matters and possession and access issues. Mr. Bragg has also successfully argued family law issues in front of the Second Court of Appeals.
While Mr. Bragg’s focus is on family law, he also has experience in the area of bankruptcy, business, contract and other commercial litigation matters. His wide foundation of experience and passion continues to shine through his dedication to sharing his knowledge. He has served as a presenter on family law issues at the Bench Bar Conference for the Dallas Bar Association, and also authored an article for the American Bankruptcy Institute Journal.
In 2016, Mr. Bragg was named one of the “10 Best Family Law Attorneys for Client Satisfaction” in the state of Texas. That same year, he was also named one of the “Top 10 Family Law Attorneys Under 40” by the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys and a Texas Super Lawyer “Rising Star.”
Mr. Bragg is a member of several professional organizations, including the Dallas Association of Young Lawyers and the Texas Young Lawyers Association. He also belongs to the Dallas Bar Association and serves as a board member for the group’s family law section.
- 100%Family Law
Adoption, Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Name Change, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Same Sex Family Law, Father's Rights
- Rising Stars: 2016 - 2021
About Derek T. Bragg
First Admitted: 2011
Professional Webpage: https://qslwm.com/db/
- AUTHORED “THE SURCHARGE OF AD VALOREM PROPERTY TAXES AND BAPCPA”, ABI JOURNAL, APRIL 2013
- DALLAS COUNTY FAMILY LAW BENCH BAR: PRESENTER AND SPEAKER OF “CHILD CUSTODY EVALUATOR: THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE UGLY”
- 2016 AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF FAMILY LAW ATTORNEYS TOP 10 FAMILY LAW ATTORNEY UNDER 40
- 2016 TEXAS SUPER LAWYER RISING STAR
- 2016 AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF FAMILY LAW ATTORNEYS "10 BEST" FAMILY LAW ATTORNEYS FOR CLIENT SATISFACTION IN TEXAS
- Member, Dallas Bar Association
- Member, Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Eastern Districts of Texas
- Board Member, Family Law Section of the Dallas Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas, 2011
- Member, Texas Young Lawyers Association
- University of New Hampshire, B.S., magna cum laude, 2008
Last Updated: 7/12/2022