Ed’s practice focuses primarily on structuring, negotiating, and documenting complex commercial and real estate lending transactions, as well as distressed debt refinancings and workouts. He has extensive experience representing private and financial institution lenders, borrowers, and special assets groups in syndicated and single lender loan facility transactions, senior and subordinated debt facilities, debt restructurings and workouts, and remedy enforcement matters. This experience also includes working with clients during financial downturns to negotiate and document loan modification agreements and forbearance agreements and engage in collateral collection activities. Ed also assists clients with security/collateral issues under the Uniform Commercial Code and general corporate matters consisting of acquisitions, governance, and compliance.
Ed is an adjunct legal writing professor at The University of North Texas at Dallas College of Law and a military veteran, having served in the United States Navy and participated in Operation Desert Storm aboard the fast attack submarine, USS Pittsburgh, SSN-720 as a “nuke” and Navy scuba diver.
Practice areasBanking, Creditor debtor rights: business, Real estate: business, Bankruptcy: business, Business/corporate
First Admitted: 1996, Oklahoma
Professional Webpage: https://frostbrowntodd.com/people/edgar-g-mcqueen/
- Graduate -- Oklahoma City University School of Law (Summa Cum Laude)
- Graduate -- US Navy Dive School, Panama City (Scuba)
- Graduate -- Naval Nuclear Prototype Training Unit, Idaho Falls, Idaho
- Graduate -- Naval Nuclear Power School (Orlando)
- Actively participated in Operation Desert Shield and Operation Desert Storm aboard the United States Fast Attack Submarine USS Pittsburgh (SSN-720).
- Attorney licensed to practice law in Oklahoma
- Law Review Editor in Chief, Oklahoma City University School of Law
- Miracle League Soccer Coach, 2018
- University of North Texas School of Law -- Mentor, 2018
- Member -- Texas Bar Association, 2018
- Member -- Texas Association of Bank Counsel
- Member -- American Bar Association
- Member -- Oklahoma Bar Association Financial Institutions and Commercial Law Committee
- Member -- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Member -- American Bar Association Banking Law Committee, 2018
- Real Estate
- Rising Stars: 2006