Edward P. Perrin, Jr.
Top Rated Business & Corporate Attorney in Dallas, TX
Edward P. Perrin, Jr., co-founded Hallett & Perrin, P.C., in 1992. Since that time, he has focused his practice on complex business litigation matters, representing companies and people throughout Texas from the firm’s offices in Dallas. Mr. Perrin is a graduate of the University of Virginia, having majored in American government and politics, and he received a Bachelor of Arts with distinction in 1979. He subsequently attended the University of South Carolina School of Law, and he earned awards for his mock trial performances before obtaining his Juris Doctor in 1982.
Mr. Perrin has handled a wide variety of disputes on behalf of both plaintiffs and defendants in state and federal courts as well as before arbitration panels and administrative agencies. Many of his cases have involved claims of fiduciary duty breaches arising under the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974, and his clients in this regard have included American Airlines and other well-known companies as well as their plan administrative committees. Other matters that Mr. Perrin has worked on in individual and class action lawsuits have been based on corporate governance, real estate disputes, officer and director liability, unjust enrichment, interference with prospective business relationships, fraudulent inducement, securities law violations, civil conspiracy, and contract breaches.
Mr. Perrin’s superb track record has led to his receipt of many honors and awards from his colleagues, including an AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell and his being selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America. He is admitted to practice in Texas and South Carolina, and he is also admitted to practice before several federal trial and appellate courts, including the U.S. Courts of Appeals for the 5th and 6th Circuits and the Supreme Court of the United States.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About Edward P. Perrin, Jr.
First Admitted: 1982, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.hallettperrin.com/attorneys/bio/edward-perrin-jr
- “ERISA Causes of Action and Remedies, Related Coverage Implications and DOL ‘Safe Harbor’ Requirements for Settlement of ERISA Litigation” - CLE Presentation
- “ERISA Litigation: You Too Can Be Sued” - 15th Annual Southwest Pension Conference
- “ERISA Overview, Fiduciary Litigation and Life After Variety” - CLE Presentation
- “Basics of ERISA and Benefits / Fiduciary Litigation” - CLE Presentation
- “Employer / Settlor Function under ERISA” - Impact on Administrative Claims and Litigation - CLE Presentation
Pro bono/Community Service
- Preston Hollow Presbyterian Church, Member and Leadership, Congressional Nomination Committee, 2007, Elder, 2002-2005, Chair, Stewardship Education Committee, 2002-2004, Co-Chair, Stewardship Campaign, 2001, Member, Elder Nomination Committee, 1997, Member, Children’s Ministry Division, Member, Children’s Ministry Director Nomination Committee, 1996, Usher, 1998-present, Youth Sponsor, 2006-2011
- University of South Carolina Alumni Association, Metroplex Chapter, Co-Founder
- Ronald McDonald House of Dallas Family Association Foundation, Trustee and Secretary, 1999-2011
- University of Virginia Jefferson Scholars Foundation, Regional Selection Committee
- Dallas United Task Force (joint effort of the Dallas Chamber of Commerce and the Dallas Citizens Counsel), Member, 1985
- Wilcox Endowment, Inc. d/b/a Springhill Retreat Center, Board of Trustees, 1994-1999
- Dallas Arboretum & Botanical Society, Inc., Secretary, 2016-2017, Director, 2010-2017, Chair, Nomination and Development Committee, 2014-2015, Member, Executive Committee, 2011-2017, Member, Architecture & Construction Committee, 2010-present
- Ronald McDonald House of Dallas, Inc., Director, 1993-2003, Member, Advisory Board, 2003-2013, Member, RMH Executive Committee, 1997-1998, Chairman, Personnel Committee, 1997-1998, Member, RMH House Endowment Capital Campaign Committee, 1993-1995
- South Carolina Bar Association
- Texas Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- All South Carolina Courts
- American Bar Association - Litigation Section
- Dallas Bar Association - Business Litigation and Employee Benefits / Executive Compensation Sections
- State Bar of Texas - Litigation and Labor & Employment Sections
- U.S. Central District of California
- All Texas Courts
- Eastern District of Tennessee
- Northern District of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Courts - All Districts of Texas
- Fifth and Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States Supreme Court
- , Selected for America’s Top 100 High Stake Litigators Award
- Texas Bar Foundation - Fellow
- , Dallas Bar Association - Life Fellow
- , AV Preeminent peer review rating in Martindale-Hubbell
- , A.M. Best Recommended Insurance Attorney, 2009-2016
- Selected for inclusion in the “Texas Super Lawyers” list by Thomson Reuters, 2006, 2011
- Selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers in America by Woodward White, Inc., ERISA Litigation, 2018 - 2021
- D Magazine Best Lawyers in Dallas, 2018
- University of Virginia (B.A., with honors), 1979
Last Updated: 5/15/2022