F. Clinton Broden
Top rated White Collar Crimes attorney in Dallas, TexasBroden & Mickelsen
As the co-founder and partner of Broden & Mickelsen, F. Clinton Broden has been zealously and aggressively providing criminal defense representation for his clients in Dallas, Texas, for more than two decades. Admitted to practice in Texas, California and the District of Columbia, he is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Eastern, Southern and Western Districts of Texas, the U.S. Courts of Appeals for the 5th, 6th, 8th and 11th Circuits and the U.S. Supreme Court.
Mr. Broden received his bachelor's degree from the University of Pennsylvania, where he graduated magna cum laude in political science. He then went on to attend the University of Virginia School of Law. He graduated in the top 10 percent of his law school class in 1990 and earned his Juris Doctor. While in law school, he was named to the Order of the Coif and published articles in both the Journal of Law and Politics and the Rutgers Law Review.
Upon graduation, Mr. Broden initially accepted an offer to work at a renowned civil litigation firm in Washington, D.C. His heart had always been in criminal defense, however, so in 1992, he moved to Texas and worked as an assistant federal public defender for the Northern District of Texas for six years. In 1998, he and Mick Mickelsen both left their federal public defender positions and formed their own firm. In Mr. Broden's achievements have received recognition from his fellow professionals, including an AV Preeminent* peer-review rating through Martindale-Hubbell.
Mr. Broden is a member of several professional organizations, including the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and the Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association. His other memberships include the William 'Mac' Taylor American Inn of Court and the Dallas Bar Association.
*AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories: legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasCriminal Defense: White Collar, Criminal Defense
Criminal Fraud, Criminal Law, Criminal Law - Federal, Felony, Murder, Sex Offenses, Tax Evasion, Theft, White Collar Crime
- 60% Criminal Defense: White Collar
- 40% Criminal Defense
First Admitted: 1990, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.brodenmickelsen.com/
- Adjunct Professor, Southern Methodist University School of Law where he taught trial advocacy from 1995-2005
- Speaker at numerous conferences in a variety of areas of criminal defense such as Federal Detention Hearings, the Fourth Amendment, the Fifth Amendment, Ethics and the Hyde Amendment
- Highest rating by Martindale-Hubbell (AV Preeminent) since 2000
- 2013 Chosen in Poll of Dallas Criminal Defense Lawyers for lawyers they would want to represent their son/daughter for: (1) felony drug offense, (2) state felony, (3) federal offense, (4) appeal.
- Order of the Coif, University of Virginia, 1990
- Name by D Magazine as one of the best criminal defense lawyers in Dallas in 2011-2013, 2015
- 2014 Chosen in Poll of Dallas Criminal Defense Lawyers for lawyers they would want to represent their son/daughter for: (1) felony drug offense, (2) felony sex crime, (3) state felony, (4) federal offense, (5) appeal.
- Member, Bar of the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- Member, Bar of the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- Member, Bar of the United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
- Member, Bar of the United States District Court for the Southern District of California
- Board of Directors, Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- State Bar of Texas
- Bar of the Supreme Court of the United States
- Member, Bar of the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- Member, Bar of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- Member, Bar of the United States District Court for the Central District of California
- Lifetime Member, National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Member, Dallas Bar Association
- Member, Dallas Bar Member, Mac Taylor Inn of Court
- District of Columbia Bar
- Member, Bar of the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- Member, Bar of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- Member, Bar of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- Associate Municipal Court Judge, City of Dallas from 1999-2004
- Member, Dallas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- State Bar of California
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A., magna cum laude with honors in Political Science, 1987
- Studied at the London School of Economics, 1986
- Certified in Criminal Appellate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization (in the first group of lawyer certified in this specialty area), 2011
- Certified in Criminal Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 2000
Office location for F. Clinton Broden
2600 State Street
Dallas, TX 75204
- Super Lawyers: 2004 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2004