G. Don Swaim
Top Rated Aviation & Aerospace Attorney in Dallas, TX
G. Don Swaim is a partner at Cunningham Swaim, LLP. From his firm's office in Dallas, Texas, he divides his civil litigation practice between aviation and aerospace law, personal injury litigation and business disputes, and his representative cases include those involving wrongful death and catastrophic personal injuries, products liability, aviation disasters, breach of contract and fraud.
Before attending law school, Mr. Swaim received his Bachelor of Arts in political science from Abilene Christian University, graduating magna cum laude in 1980. He then went on to attend Baylor Law School and was awarded his Juris Doctor in 1982.
Admitted to practice in Texas, Mr. Swaim is also admitted to practice law before the U.S. District Courts for the Southern, Northern, Western and Eastern Districts of Texas, the U.S. Courts of Appeals for the 5th and 6th Circuits, and the Supreme Court of the United States. His high level of both legal ethics and acumen has led to his receipt of an AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell, the highest rating an attorney may earn.
During his years of practice, Mr. Swaim has obtained many favorable verdicts for his defense clients, including one in a case in which the plaintiffs were seeking $49 million in an aviation-related wrongful death trial. He has also been awarded summary judgment in many other matters, saving his clients the significant time and expense associated with litigation. Mr. Swaim is an active member of several professional organizations, including the Texas Association of Defense Counsel, the American and Dallas bar associations, the Litigation Counsel of America and the American Board of Trial Advocates. He is also certified as a specialist in personal injury law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
*AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories: legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 60%Aviation and Aerospace
- 40%Civil Litigation: Defense
- Super Lawyers: 2008 - 2022
Certificates and Credentials
About G. Don Swaim
First Admitted: 1983, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.cunninghamswaim.com/Attorneys/G-D-Swaim.shtml
- Defended a major supplier of telephone conferencing services in a multi-million dollar breach-of-contract suit
- Defense verdict for the architects and engineers that designed a multi-million dollar coal-dewatering bin at a TXU electrical plant
- Defense of an aerospace company in cases involving age discrimination and allegations of termination for filing workers’ compensation claims
- Defense of an offshore commercial helicopter operator that injured seven passengers
- Defense verdict for the manufacturer of an altimeter in a plane crash that killed two pilots
- Defense of commercial resin manufacturer in claims regarding roof failures on commercial buildings in seven states
- Represented the owner and pilot of an aircraft that crashed and killed four; after all the passengers’ cases were settled with no contribution from the pilot, represented the pilot’s insurer and obtained a $1 million verdict against the engine installer
- Defense verdict for an aircraft manufacturer in McAllen, Texas involving allegations of breach of contract and fraud and a multi-million dollar demand.
- Summary judgment for aircraft manufacturer in a case involving the economic loss doctrine.
- Defense verdict for AIG Aerospace Insurance Services, Inc. following a two-week trial in a double wrongful death case arising out of a plane crash in west Texas. Plaintiffs argued for $49,000,000 at trial.
- Defense of an aerospace company in cases involving age discrimination and allegations of termination for filing workers’ compensation claims.
- Texas Super Lawyers, 2008-2014
- AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell
- Named in Texas’ Legal Leaders as a 2013 Top Rated Lawyer in Personal Injury Law and Products Liability
- Board-certified, personal injury trial law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Litigation Counsel of America
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
- Defense Research Institute
- Dallas Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Fifth U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals
- Sixth U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- Abilene Christian University, BA, Magna Cum Laude, 1980
Last Updated: 5/15/2022