Gerard T. Fazio
Top rated personal injury attorney in Dallas, TexasOwen & Fazio PC
Attorney Gerard T. "Jerry" Fazio is a partner with Owen & Fazio, P.C., in Dallas, Texas. A nationally ranked trial lawyer with more than 34 years of legal experience, Mr. Fazio provides exceptional defense counsel to a diverse range of clients throughout his region and across the state who are dealing with high-stakes tortious claims involving negligence or wrongdoing.
Over the course of his legal career, Mr. Fazio has gained a reputation as one of the leading defense lawyers in his region for all types of tortious claims. He routinely represents non-subscriber employers against a broad range of work-related injury claims, and he also represents many other clients, including those facing litigation involving dram shop liability, trucking accidents, ERISA claims, wrongful death, unsafe property conditions and more.
Along with his extensive trial experience, Mr. Fazio also has considerable experience handling arbitrations and negotiations as well as appeals. From his efforts, he has saved his clients untold millions in potential judgments. Honored for his remarkable professionalism and service, he is AV Preeminent peer-review rated* through Martindale-Hubbell and has earned consistent recognition from his peers.
He has also received the "Best Lawyers in Dallas" award from D Magazine four times, and the Texas Association of Defense Counsel Presidential Award for Leadership in 2008 and 2013. Moreover, he has received many testimonials and referrals from his satisfied clients.
A 1985 graduate of the University of Texas at Arlington, Mr. Fazio obtained his Juris Doctor from South Texas College of Law in 1987. He holds his license to practice in Oklahoma, Colorado and the District of Columbia as well as Texas, and he is admitted to practice before all U.S. District Courts in Texas and the U.S. District Court for the Northern, Eastern and Western Districts of Oklahoma, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit and the Supreme Court of the United States.
Mr. Fazio has served as vice president and secretary of the Texas Association of Defense Counsel, and he is a fellow with the Texas and Dallas Bar Foundations. He is also a member of many other local, state and national legal organizations, and he has written extensively and conducted many lectures and continuing legal education seminars on a variety of topics.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: defense, Employment litigation: defense
Personal injury - plaintiff
- 90% Personal injury - general: defense
- 10% Employment litigation: defense
First Admitted: 1988, Texas
Professional Webpage: http://www.owenfazio.com/attorneys.html
- Texas Supreme Court victories for my client in Jack in the Box, Inc. vs. Skiles and in In Re Odyssey Healthcare.
- Board of Directors, Camp Summit, Inc.
- Member, Knights of Columbus Council #799
- Non-subscription Claims Litigation Management Workers Compensation Conference (July 2020)
- Non subscription Case Law Update, Partner Source Annual Conference (2015-2016; 2018-2019)
- Arbitration v. Jury Trial, Texas Association of Defense Counsel (July 2019)
- Arbitration v. Jury Trial, Dallas Bar Association (November 2019)
- Rated AV Preeminent® by Martindale-Hubbell
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel Presidential Award for Leadership, 2008, 2013
- “Best Lawyers in Dallas,” D Magazine, 2007, 2008, 2014 & 2019
- Selected in Texas Super Lawyers, a Thomson Reuters publication, 2012-2020
- President Award, Texas Association of Defense Counsel, 1998
- In re Odyssey Healthcare, Inc. & George Portillo, 310 S.W.3d 419 (Tex. 2010) (ordering the trial court to enforce an employer-employee arbitration agreement)
- In re Adhi-Lakshmi Corp., 138 S.W.3d 559 (Tex. App.—Beaumont 2004) (reversed trial court denying arbitration agreement)
- In re Hicks, 252 S.W.3d 790 (Tex. App.—Houston [14th Dist.] 2008 (obtaining a mandamus setting aside a trial court’s order to allow the discovery of the attorney’s work product)
- In re Arpin America Moving Systems, LLC, 416 S.W.3d 927 (Tex. App.—Dallas 2013) (obtaining a mandamus to set aside a trial court’s order requiring the discovery of net worth evidence)
- Zamora v. Champion Cooler, No. 05-16-00577-CV (Tex. App.—Dallas, 2018) (affirming a trial court’s summary judgment order dismissing a chemical exposure against an employer due to not having any proper expert evidence claim)
- Walmart Stores, Inc. v. Constantine, 05-17-00694-CV (Tex. App.—Dallas, 2018) (reversing a trial court’s order denying the enforcement of an arbitration agreement that was acknowledged by an employee by computer)
- Jack in the Box v. Skiles, 221 S.W.3d 566 (Tex. 2007) (reversing the court of appeals judgment and rendering a take-nothing judgment in favor of Jack in the Box)
- Colorado Defense Counsel Association, Member
- Oklahoma Defense Counsel Association, Member
- Dallas Bar Association, Member
- Defense Research Institute, Member
- Texas College of the State Bar of Texas, Member
- Association of Defense Trial Attorneys, Member
- International Association of Defense Counsel, Member
- Dallas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel, Secretary, 2015
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel, Vice President, 2007 to 2015
- U.S. District Court Western District of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- District of Columbia
- University of Texas at Arlington, B.A., Major: Political Science & Speech Communication - 1985
- Nonsubscribers to the Texas Workers Compensation Act
Office location for Gerard T. Fazio
10670 N Central Expressway
Dallas, TX 75231
- Super Lawyers: 2012 - 2022