James E. Sherry
Top rated white collar crimes attorney in Dallas, TexasMcCathern, Shokouhi, Evans, Grinke
Attorney James E. Sherry is a partner with the McCathern law firm in Dallas, Texas. A top-rated trial attorney with more than 15 years of legal experience, Mr. Sherry represents the rights and interests of a diverse range of clients across the state who have legal needs involving any of the following:
· Appellate litigation
· Business litigation
· Commercial litigation
· Directors' and officers' liability
· Employment law
· Insurance litigation
· Personal injury
· Wrongful discharge
Along with handling a variety of civil matters, Mr. Sherry has gained extensive experience handling criminal matters for individual and corporate clients in both state and federal courts across his region, including internal investigations for federal crimes. He also has successfully argued numerous appeals before various courts, including the U.S. Supreme Court. His cases have ranged from representing high-level federal government officials and CIA officers to landlords and tenants to Roman Catholic priests, and he successfully represented a minor child in a case involving school bullying.
Through his civil litigation practice, Mr. Sherry has served the needs of both plaintiffs and defendants alike in complex matters involving catastrophic personal injury claims, such as those arising from slip-and-fall accidents and motor vehicle accidents. He has also advocated on behalf of numerous licensed professionals before various administrative and licensing agencies.
No matter the issues his clients face, Mr. Sherry devotes his time and efforts to providing the highest level of counsel possible aimed at helping his clients achieve the favorable results they expect and deserve. Recognized for his success, he has earned recognition as one of the leading lawyers in his region, and he has received many positive reviews and referrals from his satisfied clients.
A 2002 summa cum laude graduate of the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Mr. Sherry obtained his Juris Doctor cum laude from George Washington University Law School in 2005, where he served on the George Washington International Law Review's Editorial Board and the Moot Court Board. He also serves on the adjunct legal faculty at George Washington University Law School and the University of North Texas Dallas School of Law.
Mr. Sherry is an active member of the State Bar of Texas, the Massachusetts Bar Association and the District of Columbia Bar, and he is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts, the District of Maryland and the District of Columbia as well as many other federal courts. He also practices before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 1st, 2nd and 5th Circuits and the U.S. Supreme Court.
Jim was named as a Texas Super Lawyers Rising Star in 2015 and 2016.
Practice areasCriminal defense: white collar, Appellate, Business litigation, Employment & labor: employee, Insurance coverage, Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 20% Criminal defense: white collar
- 20% Appellate
- 20% Business litigation
- 20% Employment & labor: employee
- 10% Insurance coverage
- 10% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
First Admitted: 2006, Washington DC
Professional Webpage: https://mccathernlaw.com/attorney/james-e-sherry/
- Fifth Circuit Courts of Appeals
- Texas bar, member
- United States Supreme Court
- District of Columbia bar, member
- First Circuit Courts of Appeals
- Massachusetts bar, member
- Second Circuit Courts of Appeals
- Rougely v. Live Oak Classical School, 261stDistrict Court for Travis County
- Filarsky v. Delia, 566 U.S. 377 (2012)
- George Washington University Law School, Moot Court Board
- , Texas Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Super Lawyers, 2015
- Texas Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Super Lawyers, 2016
- George Washington University Law School, Editorial Board of the George Washington International Law Review
- George Washington University Law School, Adjunct Professor of Legal Research and Writing, 2009
- George Washington University Law School, Juris Doctor, 2005
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, 2002
Office location for James E. Sherry
3710 Rawlins Street
Dallas, TX 75219
- Rising Stars: 2015 - 2016