James N. Henry, Jr.
Top Rated Business Litigation Attorney in Dallas, TX
James N. Henry Jr. has been with Hallett & Perrin, P.C, since 1999, and has been a shareholder at the Dallas-based law firm since 2003. Representing people and businesses throughout the state of Texas, he focuses his practice on complex civil litigation. Mr. Henry has been admitted to practice before all Texas state courts since 1995, and he is additionally admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Southern, Western, Northern, and Eastern Districts of Texas as well as before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit.
For his undergraduate education, Mr. Henry attended Washington and Lee University in Lexington, Virginia, obtaining a Bachelor of Arts cum laude in 1992. He then went on to pursue his legal studies at Southern Methodist University School of Law in Texas. Mr. Henry served as an editor on the SMU Law Review before being awarded his Juris Doctor cum laude and being inducted into the Order of the Coif in 1995. He spent several years at a Dallas-area firm before joining Hallett & Perrin, P.C.
Mr. Henry’s litigation practice encompasses a wide variety of matters. The types of cases that he has handled on behalf of both defendants and plaintiffs have involved confidentiality and noncompete agreements, fiduciary duty breaches, tortious interference with contractual relations, Uniform Commercial Code issues, contract breaches, the misappropriation of trade secrets and other confidential information, unfair competition, and ERISA claims. Mr. Henry also provides advice and counsel to businesses on regulatory compliance and employment agreements. He is active in several professional organizations, including The William Mac Taylor American Inn of Court.
About James N. Henry, Jr.
First Admitted: 1995, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.hallettperrin.com/attorneys/bio/james-henry-jr
- , Selected for America’s Top 100 High Stakes Litigators in Northern Texas Award 2020
- , Selected for inclusion in “Texas Super Lawyers - Rising Stars” by Thomson Reuters, 2007, 2009
- , AV Preeminent peer review rating in Martindale-Hubbell
- Dallas Bar Association - Business Litigation Section
- Salesmanship Club of Dallas
- State Bar of Texas - Antitrust & Business and IP Law Sections
- Member of Mac Taylor Inn of Court
- Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
- American Bar Association
- United States District Courts for the Western Districts of Texas
- United States District Courts for the Northern Districts of Texas
- United States District Courts for the Eastern Districts of Texas
- United States District Courts for the Southern Districts of Texas
Pro bono/Community Service
- Member of Salesmanship Club of Dallas
Last Updated: 5/15/2022