Jeff Horn, Jr.
Top Rated International Attorney in Dallas, TX
Jeff is one of only ten lawyers in Texas named to the 2021 Super Lawyers list in the International practice area. 2021 marks the ninth consecutive year he was selected (2013-2021). Jeff co-founded Ohashi & Horn LLP, a boutique firm with offices in Dallas, New York, and Tokyo, twenty years ago after beginning his career as a top associate at Jackson Walker LLP, one of Texas' oldest law firms. Jeff's creativity and business acumen have made him a trusted adviser of executives of multi-national corporations, principals of prominent investment firms, and entrepreneurs. Jeff maintains an extremely diverse international practice that includes mergers and acquisitions, employment matters, commercial litigation, and intellectual property matters. Fluent in Japanese, Jeff has more than 20 years of experience related to Asia, including living in Japan for two years. Practicing in Dallas, New York, and Tokyo, Jeff has an uncommon perspective and understanding of the global business environment.
Outside of his law practice, Jeff is an entrepreneur, martial artist, athlete, and outdoorsman. A JiuJitsu Black Belt under Hall of Fame member and founder of Six Blades JiuJitsu Xande Ribeiro, Jeff is a six time International Brazilian JiuJitsu Federation World Master Champion (2021 Black Belt Gi Champion, 2021 Brown Belt NoGi Double Gold Champion, 2020 Brown Belt Gi Champion, 2018 Purple Belt Gi Champion, and 2016 Blue Belt Gi Champion). He is also a nine time Pan American Champion (Double Gold in 2021, 2020, 2019, and 2018), six time American National Champion (2020 and 2018 Double Gold), two time Japanese National Champion, European International Master Champion, and Abu Dhabi Grand Slam Champion. Jeff is passionate about sharing the benefits of martial arts and weight lifting with others, and he has dedicated himself to doing so through Bushido JiuJitsu • Strength, a premier 10,000 sf facility he founded near downtown Dallas. The discipline, work ethic, iron will, and strategic mindset Jeff has developed as a life-long competitive athlete and martial artist allow him to guide his clients through the most challenging aspects of the international business world and legal landscape.
- 20%Business Litigation
- 20%Mergers & Acquisitions
- 10%Employment & Labor: Employer
- 10%Intellectual Property
Trade Secret, Non-Compete Agreements, Business Formation and Planning, Limited Liability Companies, Partnership, Contracts
- Super Lawyers: 2013 - 2022
About Jeff Horn, Jr.
First Admitted: 1998, Louisiana
Professional Webpage: https://www.ohashiandhorn.com/horn
- The University of Utah, Bachelor of Arts, International Relations. Double minor in Japanese and Asian History. Cum laude. Recipient of President's Award for Outstanding Scholastic Achievement
Pro bono/Community Service
- Entrepreneurs Organization, Dallas Chapter
- Japan-American Society of Dallas/Ft. Worth (General Counsel, 2001-2002; Member of the Board of Directors, 2001-2002, 2004 to 2006)
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Louisiana
- State Bar of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- New York State Bar Association
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana
- Louisiana State Bar Association
Last Updated: 9/27/2022