Jeff Horn, Jr.
Top rated international attorney in Dallas, TexasOhashi & Horn LLP
Practice Areas: International, Business litigation, Business & corporate; view more
Licensed in Texas since: 2000
Education: Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law
Languages Spoken: English, Japanese
Ohashi & Horn LLP325 N. St. Paul St., Suite 4400
Dallas, TX 75201 Visit website
Jeff is one of only six lawyers in Texas named to the 2022 Super Lawyers list in the International practice area. 2022 marks the 10th consecutive year he was selected. Jeff co-founded Ohashi & Horn LLP, a boutique firm with offices in Dallas, New York, and Tokyo, twenty years ago after beginning his career as a top associate at Jackson Walker LLP, one of Texas' oldest law firms. Jeff's tenacity, creativity, and business acumen have made him a trusted adviser of executives of multi-national corporations, principals of prominent investment firms, and entrepreneurs. Jeff maintains an extremely diverse international practice that includes mergers and acquisitions, complex commercial litigation, corporate, employment, and intellectual property matters. Fluent in Japanese, Jeff has more than 20 years of experience related to Asia, including living in Japan for two years. Practicing in Dallas, New York, and Tokyo, Jeff has an uncommon perspective and understanding of the global business environment.
Outside of his law practice, Jeff is an entrepreneur, martial artist, athlete, and outdoorsman. A JiuJitsu Black Belt under Hall of Fame member Xande Ribeiro, Jeff is a six time International Brazilian JiuJitsu Federation World Master Champion (2021 Black Belt Gi Champion, 2021 NoGi Double Gold, 2020 Gi Champion, 2018 Gi Champion, and 2016 Gi Champion). He is also a nine time Pan American Champion (Double Gold in 2021, 2020, 2019, and 2018), six time American National Champion (2020 and 2018 Double Gold), two time Japanese National Champion, European International Master Champion, and Abu Dhabi Grand Slam Champion. Jeff is passionate about sharing the benefits of martial arts and weight lifting with others, and he has dedicated himself to doing so through Bushido JiuJitsu • Strength, a premier 10,000 sf facility he founded near downtown Dallas. The discipline, grit, work ethic, iron will, and strategic mindset Jeff has developed as a life-long competitive athlete and martial artist allow him to guide his clients through the most challenging aspects of the international business world and legal landscape.
Practice areasInternational, Business litigation, Business/corporate, Mergers & acquisitions, Employment & labor: employer, Intellectual property
Trade secret, Non-compete agreements, Business formation and planning, Limited liability companies, Partnership, Contracts
- 20% International
- 20% Business litigation
- 20% Business/corporate
- 20% Mergers & acquisitions
- 10% Employment & labor: employer
- 10% Intellectual property
First Admitted: 1998, Louisiana
Professional Webpage: https://www.ohashiandhorn.com/horn
- The University of Utah, Bachelor of Arts, International Relations. Double minor in Japanese and Asian History. Cum laude. Recipient of President's Award for Outstanding Scholastic Achievement
- Entrepreneurs Organization, Dallas Chapter
- Japan-American Society of Dallas/Ft. Worth (General Counsel, 2001-2002; Member of the Board of Directors, 2001-2002, 2004 to 2006)
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Louisiana
- State Bar of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- New York State Bar Association
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana
- Louisiana State Bar Association
Office location for Jeff Horn, Jr.
325 N. St. Paul St., Suite 4400
Dallas, TX 75201
- Super Lawyers: 2013 - 2023
These comments were made by fellow attorneys during the annual nomination process.
“Jeff has an attention to detail second to none. His aggressive approach is result oriented with the client's best interest at heart. He is a fighter with a conscience and is definately a super lawyer.”
“Outstanding corporate attorney; highly recommend for recognition.”
“Jeff has helped in several cases and is an expert in his field. I can always be assured that my client is best served with Jeff on our team.”