Jerry C. Alexander
Top rated business litigation attorney in Dallas, TexasPassman & Jones
Practice Areas: Business litigation, Bankruptcy, Employment & labor; view more
Licensed in Texas since: 1972
As a shareholder at Passman & Jones, Jerry C. Alexander is committed to representing clients in Dallas, Texas. He focuses his practice on handling cases that involve the following matters: intellectual property, antitrust and trade regulation, bankruptcy*, creditor's rights, professional liability, employment, litigation and entertainment law.
In 1968, Mr. Alexander received a Bachelor of Arts from Southern Methodist University. He went on to earn a Juris Doctor from the Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law in 1972.
For more than 30 years, Mr. Alexander has been dedicated to helping his clients through complex business matters. He has a deep understanding of how the laws govern corporations and their employees. Applying that knowledge to the case at hand, Mr. Alexander explains to his clients what their options are and how together they may pursue the best possible outcome.
Having practiced before agencies such as the Federal Aviation Administration and the Federal Trade Commission, Mr. Alexander has honed his litigation and negotiation skills. To best meet his client's needs, he believes in open, effective communication. Mr. Alexander is prepared to call expert witnesses and uncover the necessary evidence to provide thorough representation.
Among his accomplishments, Mr. Alexander helped a bankruptcy trustee recover more than $55 million from the parent company of a bankrupt corporation, individuals and the corporation's competitors. For his successes, Mr. Alexander has earned the highest rating possible of AV Preeminent** from Martindale-Hubbell.
Active in the legal community, Mr. Alexander is a member of the American Bar Association and the State Bar of Texas, and the Dallas Bar Association. Mr. Alexander headed the Dallas Bar Association drafting project for the Local Rules of Practice in the Civil District and County Courts at Law Courts for Dallas County, which are presently in use; served as co-chair of the Judiciary Committee of the Dallas Bar Association in 1997 and 2008; was secretary-treasurer of the Dallas Bar Association in 2008; and was chair of the Dallas Volunteer Attorney Program Campaign in 2010. He also chaired the Vision 2020 Project for the Dallas Bar Association. Elected to serve on the board of directors of the Dallas Bar Association for the two-year term, 2009 to 2010, and a subsequent two-year term from 2011 to 2012, he was elected vice-chair of the board of directors in 2011 and chair of the board of directors in 2012, and was elected as the 107th president of the Dallas Bar Association. Mr. Alexander served as Board Chair of the State Bar of Texas in 2019-2020 and Immediate Past Chair in 2020-2021. He is one of two candidates nominated to run for President-Elect of the State Bar of Texas and that candidacy continues until the election beginning on April 3, 2023 (when ballots are issued) through May 2, 2023.
*Mr. Alexander is a debt relief agent. He helps people file for bankruptcy relief under the U.S. Bankruptcy Code.
** AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories: legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasBusiness litigation, Bankruptcy: business, Employment & labor: employer, Employment litigation: defense, Entertainment & sports, Intellectual property
Trade secret, Non-compete agreements, Bankruptcy law, Credit repair, Employment law - employee, Wage & hour laws, Whistleblower, Sexual harassment, Employment discrimination, Wrongful termination, Retaliation, Employment law - employer, Entertainment, sports & leisure law, Copyrights, Patents, Trademarks, Intellectual property law
- 50% Business litigation
- 10% Bankruptcy: business
- 10% Employment & labor: employer
- 10% Employment litigation: defense
- 10% Entertainment & sports
- 10% Intellectual property
First Admitted: 1972, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.passmanjones.com/team/attorneys/jerry-c-alexande...
- B.A., Southern Methodist University, 1968
- State Bar of Texas (Member of the Law Focused Education Committee - 2007, 2008, 2009)
- Nominated as one of two candidates to run for President-Elect of the State Bar of Texas in 2022., 2022
- At the State Bar of Texas Annual Meeting in 2022, was presented with the President's Award in Appreciation for Outstanding Contributions through Distinguished Service to the Lawyers of Texas., 2022
- State Bar of Texas, Chair of the Board, 2019-2020.
- State Bar of Texas, Member, Board of Directors 2017-2018, 2018-2019, 2019-2020.
- Dallas Bar Association, Second Vice-President 2013
- Dallas Bar Association, Secretary/Treasurer 2008
- Judiciary Committee of the Dallas Bar Association, Vice-Chair 2007
- Texas Super Lawyer 2007, 2009-2013
- Dallas Bar Association, President-Elect 2015
- Dallas Bar Association, Secretary/Treasurer 2008
- Judiciary Committee of the Dallas Bar Association, Co-Chair 2008, Co-Chair 1997
- Chairman, Local Rules Sub-Committee 1993-1996, 1998-1999
- American Bar Association
- Dallas Bar Association, Vice-Chair 2011, 2012
- Dallas Bar Association, Member, Board of Directors 2008, 2009
- Chairman, Judicial Polls Study Subcommittee of the Dallas Bar Association - 2007-2008)
- AV Preeminent 5.0 out of 5
- Mr. Alexander was chosen as one of five alumni to be recognized on March 30, 2023 for outstanding achievements, leadership, and service. The Distinguished Alumni Award is the highest honor SMU Dedman School of Law bestows upon its alumni and friends., Distinguished Alumni Award, SMU Dedman School of Law, 2022
- Dallas Bar Association drafting project for the Local Rules of Practice in the Civil District and County Courts at Law Courts for Dallas County, Headed
Office location for Jerry C. Alexander
1201 Elm Street
Dallas, TX 75270
- Super Lawyers: 2007, 2009 - 2022