Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Dallas, TX
Selected to Rising Stars: 2021
- Virtual Appointments
John Nwosu is the founder and owner of The Law Office of John Nwosu, PLLC, a Dallas, Texas-based law firm. For more than 12 years, attorney John Nwosu has majorly concentrated his practice in the areas of immigration and family law. His practice has also grown to encompass personal injury. Mr. Nwosu is passionately committed to relieving the stress and struggle faced by families regardless of the circumstances surrounding their case – whether it’s an immigration hurdle or a family legal issue.
A steadfast and savvy attorney, Mr. Nwosu has tried many cases in Texas family courts that are related to divorce, child support, parenting time issues, property division, paternity, adoption, protective orders, annulments and marital agreements. He has also helped clients resolve their family law disputes through negotiation, mediation and collaboration, enabling them to make a fresh start amicably and positively.
With experience handling immigration cases involving the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and the Texas immigration court system, Mr. Nwosu is able to thoroughly evaluate a case, helping his clients determine their best options. He has assisted clients with deportation and removal proceedings, family and employment-based visas, asylum, green card and naturalization proceedings, international adoptions, court cases and Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA), employment authorizations and more.
Mr. Nwosu completed his bachelor’s degree with a computer science major and mathematics and biology minors graduating summa cum laude from Salem State University. He earned his Juris Doctor from Northeastern University School of Law in Boston, Massachusetts. He obtained his license to practice law in Texas in 2009. While attending law school, he interned at the Arizona Supreme Court, Bryan Cave LLP, Ferguson & Stein LLP, Foreign Government Financial Crimes Agency, Dallas County District Attorney’s Office and Dallas County Public Defender’s Office.
Active in community and bar activities, Mr. Nwosu is a member of the Dallas Bar Association, the State Bar of Texas - Family Law Section, the Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, the Texas Trial Lawyers Association, the American Immigration Lawyers Association and the Collin County Bar Association. By being a volunteer attorney at the Legal Aid of Northwest Texas, he protects the rights of low-income people in North and West Texas.
A talented writer, Mr. Nwosu’s article was featured in the official triannual publication of the American Bar Association's International Law Section.
- 50%Family Law
- 40%Immigration: Consumer
- 10%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Father's Rights, Asylum, Naturalization & Citizenship, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Trucking Accidents
- Super Lawyers: 2022
- Rising Stars: 2021
About John Nwosu
First Admitted: 2009, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://johnnwosu.com/personnel/john-nwosu/
- John Nwosu graduated summa cum laude from Salem State University, Salem Massachusetts where he studied Computer Science with minors in Mathematics and Biology. , 2003
- John Nwosu received his Law Degree from Northeastern University School of Law, Boston, Massachusetts., 2009
- John is a member of the State Bar of Texas and a member of the following professional associations Dallas Bar Association Member, College of the State Bar of Texas Family Law Section of the State Bar of Texas Texas Trial Lawyers Association (TTLA) American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) Collin County Bar Association, 2009
Pro bono/Community Service
- John volunteers his time with the Legal Aid of Northwest Texas where he provides legal counsel for free to individuals who cannot afford private legal counsel., 2022
Last Updated: 6/3/2022