Attorney John R. Owen is a partner with Owen & Fazio, P.C., law firm in Dallas, Texas. Nationally recognized as among the preeminent trial lawyers in the country, Mr. Owen provides exceptional defense counsel and support to a diverse range of clients across his area and throughout the state who have legal needs involving any of the following:
- Insurance litigation
- Mediation and alternative dispute resolution
- Medical malpractice defense
- Premises and product liability defense
- Professional liability defense
- Trucking and auto accident defense
- Work injury and workers' compensation litigation
Over the course of his legal career, Mr. Owen has gained a reputation for his dedication to the business interests of his clients, and he has achieved considerable success helping his clients protect their rights in high-stakes, complex civil litigation involving a host of tortious claims. From his efforts, he has saved his clients millions of dollars in potential damage awards, and he has become known for his in-depth legal knowledge and unwavering commitment to those he serves.
Honored for his remarkable professionalism and outstanding client service, Mr. Owen is AV Preeminent peer-review rated* through Martindale-Hubbell and has earned consistent recognition from his peers. He has also received many testimonials and referrals from his satisfied clients, and he is routinely sought after for his effective dispute resolution skills.
A 1982 graduate of the University of Alberta in Canada, Mr. Owen obtained his Juris Doctor from Oklahoma City University School of Law in 1985. He holds his license to practice in Oklahoma and Texas, and he is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Northern and Eastern Districts of Texas and the Western District of Oklahoma, the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern and Eastern Districts of Texas, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit.
He is also an active member of the Dallas Bar Association, the Texas Association of Defense Counsel, the International Association of Defense Counsel and the Association of Attorney-Mediators, among his other professional affiliations.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal injury - medical malpractice: defense
Dental malpractice, Medical malpractice, Birth injury, Delayed or incorrect diagnosis, Informed consent
- 100% Personal injury - medical malpractice: defense
First Admitted: 1985, Oklahoma
Professional Webpage: https://www.owenfazio.com/attorney/owen-john-r/
- Selected in Texas Super Lawyers, a Thomson Reuters publication
- AV rated by Martindale Hubbell
- Association of Attorney-Mediators, Member
- Dallas County Civil Courts, Member
- International Association of Defense Counsel, Member
- Defense Research Institute, Member
- The Texas Association of Defense Counsel, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Oklahoma Bar Association, Member
- Dallas Bar Association, Member
- U.S. District Court Western District of Oklahoma
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, B.A., Bachelor of Arts, 1982
- Dallas County Dispute Resolution Service Mediator, 2022
- Ascension Day School, Board of Directors, 2022
Office location for John R. Owen
10670 N Central Expressway
Dallas, TX 75231
- Super Lawyers: 2016 - 2022