Top Rated Business Litigation Attorney in Dallas, TX
Jon Patton is a partner at Tillotson Law and has been Jeff Tillotson’s right-hand man since 2014. Jon and Jeff met when Jon moved to Dallas as a young associate and joined the prominent boutique litigation firm Jeff had co-founded in the early 1990s. Right away, Jon helped Jeff pursue Lance Armstrong in a highly publicized arbitration that resulted in a $10 million award for their client. A lasting professional dynamic and friendship was born, and in 2016 Jon and Jeff founded Tillotson Law based on a shared vision of an elite boutique trial firm that could try any case for any client. Since then, they have carefully assembled a top-notch, specialized trial team passionate about trying and winning cases.
Jon has accelerated his career and developed his own clients by amassing an impressive array of experiences in a wide range of complex and high-stakes commercial and business disputes. He has extensive first chair trial and courtroom experience, and has earned the trust of clients on their most challenging problems. For example:
- Since joining Tillotson Law, Jon has first chaired two week-long jury trials to verdict and several high-stakes injunction hearings, as well as numerous dispositive motion and discovery hearings.
- Jeff and Jon represented SCA Promotions, Inc. in a lawsuit against Yahoo involving the 2014 NCAA Tournament “Billion Dollar Bracket Challenge” that led to a $5.5 million judgment for SCA. The case received significant media attention and had several high-profile depositions, including Warren Buffett and Yahoo!’s then-CEO Marissa Mayer.
- Jeff and Jon defended trade secret and non-compete claims brought against their client by a publicly traded locum tenens company that resulted in a complete walk-away the month before trial.
- Jon took the lead in representing a minority partner in a fiercely litigated skilled-nursing facility business partnership dispute that included an award of advancement of their client’s attorneys’ fees and affirmed by the Dallas Court of Appeals, eventually resulting in a confidential settlement for the client on the eve of trial.
Jon graduated from Vanderbilt Law School and received his undergraduate degree from Vanderbilt, summa cum laude with Honors.
About Jon Patton
First Admitted: 2012, Tennessee
Professional Webpage: https://www.tillotsonlaw.com/attorneys/jon-patton/
- Named Rising Star by Super Lawyers, Texas Monthly (2018, 2019, 2020, 2021)
- Vanderbilt, summa cum laude with Honors
- SCA Promotions, Inc. v. Lance Armstrong -- Lead associate and second chair trial counsel with lead counsel Jeff Tillotson representing SCA Promotions in high-profile arbitration against Lance Armstrong that led to $10 million arbitration award. Shortly thereafter, the parties reached a settlement. http://www.wsj.com/articles/lance-armstrong-must-pay-10-million-to-sca-promotions-1424109980 , 2015
- Esposito Private Equity Group et al. v. JD West Home Corporation et al. -- Lead counsel representing Defendants in dispute between investors in series of real estate investments. Case settled within five months after suit filed for less than Defendants had offered pre-suit. , 2016
Last Updated: 5/15/2022