Board Certified in Family Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, Godwin Bowman PC Family Law attorney Laci S. Bowman chairs the Firm's Family Law section, representing clients throughout the Dallas area and Texas in divorce and other family law related matters, including child custody, pre-marital agreements, paternity, adoption, visitation, common law marriage disputes, suits affecting parent-child relationship and more.
A graduate of Baylor Law School, and with a double degree in Government and Communications Studies from the University of Texas, Ms. Bowman is board certified as a specialist in family law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. She is admitted to practice in all Texas state courts.
Collaborative Law is one facet of her family law practice in which Ms. Bowman has special interest. In the collaborative family law arena, Laci has reached settlements through the collaborative process, and is a vocal advocate of that process. She is highly visible in the North Texas collaborative law community, including her role as a founder and past President of the Collaborative Law Professionals of North Texas. Her experience also includes successful negotiation of settlements in mediation proceedings.
While family law is her primary area of practice, Laci also represents clients in commercial litigation matters in state and federal courts throughout Texas. These matters have touched on such areas as negligence, products liability, breach of contract, deceptive trade practices, premises liability and strict liability.
A very active member of the legal community, Laci is a member of the Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists, the Texas Family Law Foundation, the Annette Stewart American Inn of Court, the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals, and many others. Further reflecting the distinction of her practice, Laci has been honored six times with selection to Thomson Reuters' "Texas Rising Stars", recognizing the State of Texas' top young attorneys. She has been named among the Top Attorneys Under 40 by D Magazine, and was chosen in 2017 as one of the "Up-And-Coming 100 Texas Rising Stars". Additionally, she was chosen as one of the "Up-And-Coming 50 Women" among 2017 and 2018 Texas Rising Stars.
First Admitted: 2008, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.godwinbowman.com/attorneys/laci-s-bowman/
- State Bar of Texas
- Collaborative Law Professionals of North Texas - Co-Founder
- College of the State Bar of Texas
- Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- The Annette Stewart American Inn of Court
- Dallas Bar Association
- Collaborative Law Institute of Texas
- Texas Family Law Foundation
- Baylor University, J.D., 2008
- University of Texas, BA Government, BS Communication Studies (with Honors), 2004
- Texas Rising Stars, Thomson Reuters, 2013
- Texas Rising Stars, Thomson Reuters, 2017
- Up and Coming 50 Women: Texas Rising Stars, Thomson Reuters, 2017
- Texas Rising Stars, Thomson Reuters, 2015
- Order of Barristers, United States Honor Society
- Best Lawyers Under 40 in Dallas, D Magazine, 2018
- Up and Coming 50 Women: Texas Rising Stars, Thomson Reuters, 2018
- Texas Rising Stars, Thomson Reuters, 2014
- Texas Rising Stars, Thomson Reuters, 2016
- Up and Coming 100: Texas Rising Stars, Thomson Reuters, 2017
- Board Certified Family Law Specialist by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 2013
- Rising Stars: 2013 - 2023
Top ListsUp-and-Coming 50: Women Texas Rising Stars: 2017 - 2023
- Up-and-Coming 50: 2023 Women Texas Rising Stars
- Up-and-Coming 50: 2022 Women Texas Rising Stars
- Up-and-Coming 50: 2021 Women Texas Rising Stars
- Up-and-Coming 50: 2020 Women Texas Rising Stars
- Up-and-Coming 50: 2019 Women Texas Rising Stars
- Up-and-Coming 50: 2018 Women Texas Rising Stars
- Up-and-Coming 50: 2017 Women Texas Rising Stars
Certificates and credentials