Leland C. de la Garza
Top rated business litigation attorney in Dallas, TexasHallett & Perrin, P.C.
Practice Areas: Business litigation, Civil litigation, Construction litigation view more
Licensed in Texas since: 1984
Education: Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law
Languages Spoken: English, Spanish
Hallett & Perrin, P.C.1445 Ross Avenue
Dallas, TX 75202 Visit website
Leland C. de la Garza is the President and Managing Shareholder at Dallas, Texas-based firm Hallett & Perrin, P.C. He has been certified as a specialist in civil trial law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, and he has been admitted to practice in Texas since 1984. Mr. de la Garza is also admitted to practice in Tennessee, and he is additionally admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Southern, Eastern, and Western Districts of Texas, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit, and the U.S. Court of International Trade.
Mr. de la Garza has handled a wide variety of complex civil litigation matters at both the trial and appellate levels. The types of cases that he has worked on for defendants as well as plaintiffs include copyright and patent infringement, probate disputes, real estate, fiduciary duty breaches, disputes among partners and shareholders, and trade secrets misappropriation. Mr. de la Garza’s client base is made up of businesses in several different industry segments, including insurance agencies, banks and other financial institutions, investment funds, portfolio companies, construction, oil and gas exploration, oilfield services, staffing, and manufacturing. His excellent track record in the courtroom and at the negotiating table has earned him several honors and awards, including an AV Preeminent* peer-review rating through Martindale-Hubbell and being selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America.
Mr. de la Garza attended Southern Methodist University and graduated magna cum laude in 1981 with degrees in business and political science. He continued his legal education at the Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law and participated in school and national mock trial competitions before receiving his Juris Doctor in 1984.
Mr. de la Garza is conversant in Spanish.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasBusiness litigation, Civil litigation: defense, Construction litigation: business, Employment litigation: defense, Environmental litigation, Securities litigation
- 50% Business litigation
- 10% Civil litigation: defense
- 10% Construction litigation: business
- 10% Employment litigation: defense
- 10% Environmental litigation
- 10% Securities litigation
First Admitted: 1984, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.hallettperrin.com/attorneys/bio/leland-de-la-gar...
- Drummer for American Petty, Tom Petty tribute band
- Eagle Scout, BSA, 1975
- Unauthorized Practice of Law Committee, chairman 2008 - 2018, member 2005 - to present, chairman of Dallas UPL Subcommittee 1999 - 2005; Trial Skills Section, Dallas Bar Association, founder and chairman 2002, council member 2002 - 2003, Texas and Dallas Bar Associations, member, 1984 to present
- The Best Lawyers in America© for Banking & Finance Litigation - 2019-2021, Recognized in the 25th Edition
- Eagle Scout and Member, Order of the Arrow
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV Preeminent, Peer Review Rated
- Best Lawyers Recipient 2017-2023, D Magazine
- Super Lawyers by Thomson Reuters, 2003, 2009-2012, 2020 to present, Selected for inclusion in Texas
- Trustee of Board of Trustees, Texas Child Protection Connection (formerly Texas Loves Children), non-profit, 2007 - present
- Board Certified, Civil Trial Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Southern Methodist University, J.D., 1984
- Southern Methodist University, BBA in Business Finance and BS in Political Science, 1981
- Oil And Gas
- Private Equity And Hedge Funds
Office location for Leland C. de la Garza
1445 Ross Avenue
Dallas, TX 75202
- Super Lawyers: 2003, 2009 - 2012, 2020 - 2023