Lindsey M. Rames
Top rated professional liability attorney in Dallas, TexasRames Law Firm, P.C.
Lindsey M. Rames founded Rames Law Firm, P.C. in 2010. Rames Law Firm represents both individual and business clients in civil litigation and appeals throughout the State of Texas. Ms. Rames devotes much of her practice to attorney professional liability and legal malpractice cases.
Ms. Rames has tried cases before juries in both state and federal courts in Texas. She has argued appeals in front of the Texas Supreme Court, and the Second, Fifth, Sixth, and Tenth Courts of Appeals in Texas.
Prior to founding Rames Law Firm, Ms. Rames worked in the insurance industry. She was the subrogation administrator for a Dallas-based insurance company, and worked as an adjuster and in-house attorney for a Pennsylvania-based independent adjusting firm.
Ms. Rames frequently speaks and writes on the topics of legal ethics and malpractice. She is the author of a law review article published by St. Mary's Journal on Legal Malpractice & Ethics in 2014 which has been cited by numerous appellate courts and the "Law in a Nutshell" series.
Ms. Rames is active in the legal community. She currently serves as a Director on the Dallas Bar Association Board of Directors. She has been an active member of the Legal Ethics Committee since 2011, having served as its vice-chair and co-chair.
Admitted in the following federal courts: Northern, Southern, Western and Eastern Districts of Texas, Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals, United States Supreme Court
Practice areasProfessional liability: plaintiff, Appellate, Personal injury - general: plaintiff, Civil litigation: plaintiff, Civil litigation: defense
Legal malpractice, Ethics & professional responsibility, Appeals
- 30% Professional liability: plaintiff
- 30% Appellate
- 20% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 10% Civil litigation: plaintiff
- 10% Civil litigation: defense
First Admitted: 2008, New Jersey
Professional Webpage: https://rameslawfirm.com/lindsey-rames/
- Speaker, Lawyers in the Classroom, Dallas Bar Association, 2011 - present
- Admitted to Practice, U.S. District Court Western District of Texas, 2020
- District Justice, Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity Int'l, 2011 to 2016
- J.D. Oklahoma City University School of Law; Hatton Sumners Scholarship
- B.A. University of Texas at Dallas, Honors: cum laude, Honors: Dean's List
- Review of the 2018 legal ethics opinions published by the Committee on Professional Ethics in Texas., Speaker, 2018 Legal Ethics Opinions Roundup, Law, Ethics, 2018
- Review of the 2020 Texas Ethics Opinions , Speaker, 2020 Legal Ethics Opinions Roundup, 2020
- Speaker, Malpractice Traps for the Beginning Lawyer, Dallas Bar Association, 2018
- Speaker, St. Mary's University School of Law Annual Symposium on Legal Malpractice & Ethics, 2015
- Co-Author, St. Mary’s Journal on Legal Malpractice & Ethics, Proof of Exoneration in Legal Malpractice Cases: The Peeler Doctrine, Volume 5, 2014
- Admitted to Practice, U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas, 2019
- Admitted to Practice, Supreme Court of the United States of America, 2017
- Admitted to Practice, U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas, 2018
- Admitted to Practice, U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas, 2011
- Admitted to Practice U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 2016
- Admitted to Practice, Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals, 2018
- Director, Dallas Bar Association Board of Directors, 2020
- Vice-Chair, Dallas Bar Association Morris Harrell Professionalism Committee, 2020
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation (2019 - present), 2019
- Chair, Dallas Bar Association Judiciary Committee, 2019
- Vice Chair, Dallas Bar Association Judiciary Committee, 2018
- Mentor, Dallas Bar Association, Transition to Law Practice Program, 2016
- Co-Chair, Dallas Bar Association Legal Ethics Committee, 2016
- Vice Chair, Dallas Bar Association Legal Ethics Committee, 2015
- Fellow, Dallas Bar Foundation, 2014 - present, 2014
- Member, Dallas Bar Association Legal Ethics Committee, 2012-present, 2012
- Admitted to Practice, State of Pennsylvania (currently inactive), 2008
- Admitted to Practice, State of New Jersey, 2008
Office location for Lindsey M. Rames
3710 Rawlins Street
Dallas, TX 75219