Mark A. Ticer
Top rated insurance coverage attorney in Dallas, TexasLaw Office of Mark A. Ticer
Practice Areas: Insurance coverage, Civil litigation, Professional liability; view more
Licensed in Texas since: 1985
Education: Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law
Law Office of Mark A. Ticer10440 North Central Expressway
Dallas, TX 75231 Visit website
Mark Ticer serves clients throughout Texas and other jurisdictions. His practice primarily focuses on insurance coverage, claims and extracontructual matters. Mark also practices in the areas of ERISA claims and benefits, civil litigation, professional liability, and some expert witness work in these areas as well as ethical matters. While Mark frequently represents policyholders, he also represents insurers and claims representatives from time to time. Mark believes lawyers should be held accountable and as a result also has a professional liability practice-defending and suing lawyers. Mark's expert witness experience and practice comes from all sides of the docket.
In 1979, Mr. Ticer graduated with a Bachelor of Sciences from Oklahoma State University with Honors. He then went on to earn a Juris Doctor from the Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law in 1985.
With more than 30 years of experience, Mark has a proven track record of litigating claims for clients of all sizes, from individuals to small businesses. Mark not only believes the client comes first, he makes sure that is the first priority. Mark understands the complexities each matter may carry and enjoys the practical and intellectual challenge each presents. Mark believes that every matter does not involve a legal solution but common sense and reality should prevail. Mark seeks to empower his clients with knowledge and information so they not only understand the process and issues but appreciate what options are available for resolution. The common ingredient for any representation of any client and matter is creativity and hard work.
Outside the courtroom, Mr. Ticer is actively involved in the legal community. He is a member of numerous professional organizations, including the Insurance Law Section of the State Bar of Texas where he was the Chair for 2014-2015, the Dallas Bar Association, the Dallas Trial Lawyers, and the Texas Trial Lawyers Association. A frequent author and speaker on his areas of practice, Mr. Ticer also gives back to the community, volunteering his services through pro bono cases.
Practice areasInsurance coverage, Civil litigation: plaintiff, Professional liability: plaintiff
Insurance, Bad faith insurance, Legal malpractice, Professional malpractice - other, Ethics & professional responsibility
- 60% Insurance coverage
- 20% Civil litigation: plaintiff
- 20% Professional liability: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1985, Texas
Professional Webpage: http://www.ticerlawfirm.com/Attorney/Mark-A-Ticer.shtml
- Listing clients is also disclosing confidential information and clients do not want to identified except in rare circumstances.
- I do not list verdicts or settlements because I find them misleading and also involving per se client confidential information.
- Member, Dallas Subcommittee Unauthorized Practice of Law Committee, 1986 - 2001
- Insurance Section of State Bar of Texas including Insurance Council, various officer positions, and culminating in Insurance Section Chair 2014-2015
- Chairman, Dallas Subcommittee Unauthorized Practice of Law Committee, 1992 - 2000
- Texas, 1985
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas, 1996
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas, 1986
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas, 1989
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1989
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1989
- Member, Dallas Bar Association
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- University of Texas, Austin, 1975
- Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, B.S., With Honors, Summa Cum Laude, 1979
- Death Penalty Appeals, 1991
- I regularly represent all sorts of people pro bono. I do not list them for the same reasons given above-client confidentiality. In addition, I do not need to brag to validate I do pro bono representation like all Texas lawyers should do. The practice of law is not a right but a privilege. In order to be awarded the privilege to practice law we must give back consistently.
Office location for Mark A. Ticer
10440 North Central Expressway
Dallas, TX 75231
- Super Lawyers: 2006 - 2023