Mark D. Strachan
Top rated intellectual property litigation attorney in Dallas, TexasBradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
Practice Areas: Intellectual property litigation, Business litigation, Intellectual property; view more
Licensed in Texas since: 1981
Education: The University of Texas School of Law
Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP1445 Ross Ave
Dallas, TX 75202 Visit website
Bradley provides business clients around the world with a full suite of legal services in dozens of industries and practice areas. Bradley works with businesses and commercial entities.
Concentrating his practice in and around Texas, Mark D. Strachan is an attorney with the law firm Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP. Working out of the firm’s office in Dallas, Texas, he handles legal matters involving:
- Natural resources litigation
- Patent litigation/procurement
- Professional liability
- Intellectual property (IP)
- International or cross-border issues
Receiving his bachelor’s degree in business administration in 1978 from The University of Texas at Austin, Mr. Strachan then attended The University of Texas at Austin School of Law and received his Juris Doctor in 1981. Later, he completed his master’s degree in business administration as well, at The University of Texas at Tyler in 2009.
Soon after graduation, Mr. Strachan was admitted to the State Bar of Texas. He is authorized to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin, the U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Eastern Districts of Texas, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit and the Supreme Court of the United States. He has also obtained board certification in civil trial law, granted by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
Mr. Strachan has spent a considerable part of his legal career serving as a counsel at a legal firm in the Dallas-Fort Worth metropolitan area of Texas. During this tenure, he majorly dealt with commercial and patent litigation. Having spent almost four decades honing his skills in his practice area of patent and IP law, he has represented clients from all disciplines, including scientists, inventors and companies in the field of communication, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, textiles and materials, and E-commerce.
Long years of experience in the field have given Mr. Strachan the skills needed to pitch in for a complex trial even at the very last moment. He is adept in his in-depth research and proficient in analyzing each situation and devising the right approach according to it. He is committed to sticking with the client through all the stages of litigation from collecting and organizing evidence, filing drafts, preparing disclosures and planning trial strategies.
Mr. Strachan has received a Distinguished* peer-review rating through Martindale-Hubbell and a “good” rating on Avvo. Furthermore, he has worked as an adjunct professor at the East Texas Baptist University in Marshall, Texas, and prioritizes time to give back to his legal community with an intent to make a positive difference.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasIntellectual property litigation, Business litigation, Intellectual property, Professional liability: plaintiff
- 60% Intellectual property litigation
- 20% Business litigation
- 10% Intellectual property
- 10% Professional liability: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1981, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.bradley.com/people/s/strachan-mark-d
- Listed, Intellectual Property, 2011-2020, Texas Super Lawyers
- Associate, American Board of Trial Advocates
- Listed, IP & Commercial Litigation, Lawdragon 500 Leading Litigators in America, 2022
- Listed, Litigation – Patent, 2020-2023, The Best Lawyers in America®
- Graduated, With Honors, 1981
- United States Supreme Court
- United States District Court, Southern District Of Texas
- United States District Court, Northern District Of Texas
- United States District Court, Eastern District Of Texas
- United States Court Of Appeals, 5th Circuit
- United States Court Of Appeals For The Federal Circuit
- Texas Bar Association
- Dallas Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Legal malpractice suit arising out of a patent infringement case
- Patent litigation involving pharmaceuticals, wireless technology and e-commerce
- Securities arbitration involving an account executive
- University of Texas, B.B.A., with honors, 1978
- University of Texas at Tyler, M.B.A., 2009
- Board Certified in Civil Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 1986
- Certified Mediator
- Turning the Tables—Offers of Judgment Under Federal Rule 68, Dallas Bar Association Headnotes, 2018
- East Texas Baptist University, Former Adjunct Faculty Member
- Practicing Before the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas, Instructor
Office location for Mark D. Strachan
1445 Ross Ave
Dallas, TX 75202
- Super Lawyers: 2011 - 2020
Additional sources of information about Mark D. Strachan
Find me online
- This spring, Fannie Mae plans to launch a pilot program that will waive title insurance requirements for certain lo… https://t.co/3W0yrlT0yW
- Following the Sixth Circuit's recent ruling that federal contractors do not automatically qualify as state actors,… https://t.co/4k6W727Bxh
- We are excited to have Heather Wright speak on Flood and Other Insurance Tips and Trends next week at the 2023 NFA… https://t.co/1oWEqQTs1s
- @TaraLanewx @Queen_City_News Only a dusting in Ashe County. What was the change in anticipated conditions?
- @patentlyo I consider this as simply patent litigation’s version of a bridge too far. Filing suit in a district wi… https://t.co/Br5MAglPj0
- @nytimes Today, Bezos carried a celebrity passenger 60 miles for a 10 minute flight straight up and down. Sixty yea… https://t.co/TuBFvpfRU4