Top Rated Criminal Defense Attorney in Dallas, TX
Messina Madson is a partner at Madson Castello, PLLC. She focuses her practice exclusively on criminal defense matters, representing people throughout the greater Dallas metropolitan area and other parts of the state. Ms. Madson has been admitted to practice before all Texas state courts since 2004.
Ms. Madson attended The University of Tulsa as an undergraduate, and she studied abroad in Germany during her senior year before returning to campus and receiving a bachelor of arts degree in 2001. She then went on to pursue her legal education at the Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, and, in 2004, she obtained her juris doctor degree. After graduating, Ms. Madson joined the Dallas County District Attorney’s Office, where she spent several years in the misdemeanor and family violence divisions before being promoted to serve as first assistant district attorney. She switched to private practice in February 2017, and she uses her prosecutorial experience to anticipate the types of tactics she now often faces as a defense attorney.
Ms. Madson’s clients are people who have been accused by the state of having committed misdemeanor or felony offenses. The types of charges they have faced include drug possession and distribution, theft, assault, driving under the influence of alcohol, resisting arrest, criminal mischief, murder, manslaughter, domestic violence, child abandonment and public intoxication. They have benefited from Ms. Madson’s skills in arguing before juries and negotiating favorable plea agreements with the prosecution, and her colleagues have also taken note of her successful track record, as she has a “Superb” peer-review rating on Avvo. Other honors that Ms. Madson has received include her being named to The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 list.
- 100%Criminal Defense
Arrest & Arraignment, Assault & Battery, Criminal Law, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Expungement, False Accusations, Felony, Misdemeanor, Murder, Probation, Sex Offenses, Criminal Domestic Violence
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2022
About Messina Madson
First Admitted: 2004, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://mccrimlaw.com/attorney-s/messina-madson/
- University of Tulsa
- Assistant District Attorney at the Dallas District Attorneys Office.
- Voted to Dallas Magazine as one of the best Attorneys in Dallas for Criminal Defense, D Best, Dallas Magazine, 2018
- , Super Lawyers, 2018 - 2020
- , Top 100 National Trial Lawyers
- , D Best, 2020
- D Magazine publishes a list of the "Best Attorneys in Dallas" each year based partly upon nominations by fellow attorneys., Best Attorneys in Dallas, D Magazine, 2019
- Member of the Criminal Justice Committee of the Dallas Bar Association, 2020
- Board Member of the Trial Skills Section of the Dallas Bar Association, 2020
- Member of the Criminal Justice Committee of the Dallas Bar Association., 2018
- Chair of The Criminal Law Section of the Dallas County Bar Association, 2020
- Vice Chair of the Criminal Justice Committee of the Dallas Bar Association., 2019
- Secretary of the Trial Skills Section of the Dallas Bar Association., 2019
- Member of the Trial Skills Section of the Dallas Bar Association. , 2018
Last Updated: 5/16/2022