Michael J. Uhl
Top Rated White Collar Crimes Attorney in Dallas, TX
Michael J. Uhl, of Michael Uhl, P.C., is a seasoned attorney who is committed to defending and protecting the rights of people who have been charged with a crime. More than 20 years of experience as a prosecutor for the Dallas County District Attorney’s Office and the United States Attorney’s Office for the Northern District of Texas have provided Mr. Uhl with the knowledge and skills necessary to provide an aggressive criminal defense for each and every one of his clients in the Dallas, Texas, area.
A graduate of and current adjunct professor at Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, Mr. Uhl is committed to leadership within the local legal community. In addition to lecturing on white collar crime and other topics related to criminal justice, Mr. Uhl also frequently gives presentations at various legal seminars.
Over the years, Mr. Uhl’s career has earned him honors, awards and recognition from numerous media outlets and professional organizations. Rated AV Preeminent* by the peer review service Martindale-Hubbell, Mr. Uhl has also been named many times in D Magazine’s list of the best lawyers in Dallas.
Some of Mr. Uhl’s prior cases have received both local and national media attention. In addition to local media outlets such as Texas Monthly and the Dallas Business Journal, his cases have been mentioned on CNN and NBC Nightly News.
In addition to his legal and teaching careers, Mr. Uhl remains active in many different professional organizations. He is currently a member of the American Bar Association, the Dallas Bar Association and the Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association.
*AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 80%Criminal Defense: White Collar
- 20%Criminal Defense
White Collar Crime, Criminal Law - Federal, Assault & Battery, Criminal Fraud, Criminal Law, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Felony, Juvenile Delinquency, Misdemeanor, Probation, Sex Offenses, Tax Evasion, Theft, Criminal Domestic Violence
- Super Lawyers: 2006 - 2022
About Michael J. Uhl
First Admitted: 1985, Texas
Professional Webpage: http://www.uhldefense.com/Attorney/Michael-J-Uhl.shtml
- Adjunct Professor, White Collar Crime, Dedman SMU Law School
- Dallas meeting of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Fort Worth meeting of the 33rd Annual Southwest Securities Enforcement Conference
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- American Bar Association
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- Dallas Bar Association
- Western Illinois University, B.S., 1981
- SMU, Cox School of Business, Certificate of Finance, 1996
- Dallas Crime Commission, Federal Prosecutor of the Year, 1999
- The Wall Street Journal
- Texas Monthly
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV® PreeminentTM
- NBC Nightly News
- The Dallas Business Journal
- D Magazine's Best Personal Lawyer of Dallas 2007-2016, White Collar Crime
- Texas Super Lawyer
- State Bar of Texas Grievance Committee, District 6A
Last Updated: 6/16/2022