Michael P. Gibson
Top rated White Collar Crimes attorney in Dallas, TexasBurleson, Pate & Gibson, L.L.P.
Practice Areas: White Collar Crimes, Criminal Defense; view more
Licensed in Texas since: 1972
Attorney Michael P. Gibson is a partner with Burleson, Pate & Gibson, L.L.P., law firm in Dallas, Texas. Board certified as a criminal law specialist by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, Mr. Gibson has more than 48 years of total legal experience, and he provides exceptional representation and support to clients throughout the greater Dallas metro and surrounding areas who stand accused or are under investigation for serious white collar crimes and other federal offenses.
Nationally recognized as among the premier trial lawyers in the country, Mr. Gibson has earned an AV Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell along with many other top rankings and endorsements from his peers. In addition, D Magazine voted him one of Dallas' top white collar defense lawyers, and he has received consistent recognition from The Best Lawyers in America© for white collar criminal defense.
Mr. Gibson's success is the direct result of his outstanding legal abilities coupled with his unwavering dedication to protecting his clients' rights and helping them achieve the favorable outcomes they seek as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible. From his efforts, he has secured numerous acquittals, dismissals and reductions of charges for those accused of all types of fraud as well as RICO violations, tax crimes, environmental law violations and more. He has also conducted many customs investigations, and he has extensive experience handling appeals.
Mr. Gibson graduated cum laude from Texas Wesleyan College in 1966, and he earned his master's degree from the University of Texas at Austin in 1969. He then attended Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, where he obtained his Juris Doctor in 1972.
He holds his admission to practice before all U.S. District Courts in Texas as well as the District of Montana, the District of Colorado, the Eastern District of Michigan and the Northern District of New York. He is also admitted to practice before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th and 11th Circuits and the U.S. Supreme Court.
Widely regarded as a leader in his field, Mr. Gibson once served as president of the Dallas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association as well as chair of the Dallas Bar Association's Criminal Justice Committee. He is also executive committee and board member of the Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association as well as member of the National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys. He has also served as adjunct professor at Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Best Lawyers® and The Best Lawyers in America© are registered trademarks of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC. The names, logo, and database are protected under the trademark, copyright, and fair use laws of the United States of America. Any use of name, including in electronic form, must be made only by permission and under the guidelines of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC.
Practice areasCriminal Defense: White Collar, Criminal Defense
Criminal Law, White Collar Crime
- 90% Criminal Defense: White Collar
- 10% Criminal Defense
First Admitted: 1972, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.bp-g.com/attorney/gibson-michael-p/
- Adjunct Professor, Constitutional Criminal Law, Federal Criminal Trial Practice and Trial Advocacy, SMU School of Law
- Course Director for the TCDLA Federal Criminal Law Short Course
- Course Director for the State Bar Advanced Criminal Law Course
- Texas' Super Lawyers, Texas Monthly
- Best Lawyers in America for White Collar Criminal Defense
- Dallas's Top White Collar Defense Lawyers, D Magazine
- Texas Wesleyan College, Fort Worth, Texas, B.S., Honors: cum laude - 1966
- University of Texas, Austin, Texas, M.S. - 1969
- National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys, Member
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, Board of Directors
- United States Supreme Court
- TCDLA, Executive Committee Member
- Dallas Bar, Chairman, Criminal Justice Committee
- Dallas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, President, 1984 to 1984
- U.S. District Court Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado, 1972
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 1972
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1972
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas, 1972
- U.S. District Court District of Montana, 1972
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas, 1972
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas, 1972
- Texas, 1972
- Board Certified Criminal Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
Office location for Michael P. Gibson
900 Jackson Street
Dallas, TX 75202
- Super Lawyers: 2003 - 2023