Michelle W. MacLeod
Top rated employment & labor attorney in Dallas, TexasMacLeod Law Firm PLLC
The founder of the MacLeod Law Firm in Dallas, Texas, Michelle W. MacLeod focuses her practice on the areas of employment law, and business and commercial litigation. She represents companies, professionals and executives in cases involving wrongful termination, sexual harassment, unlawful discrimination and other employment-related disputes in the Dallas metropolitan area.
Ms. MacLeod earned a law degree at Georgetown University Law Center in Washington, D.C. As a law student, she was an editor for the Georgetown Law Journal. She also served as a summer associate at two law firms. Before pursuing a career in law, she earned her undergraduate degree at Idaho State University, taught English and worked as a newspaper reporter.
Prior to founding her own law practice, Ms. MacLeod worked at two prominent law firms in Dallas, representing both businesses and individuals in employment and labor law matters. She devotes much of her career to counseling and training employers on ways to avoid the risks of employment litigation, but she is also skilled in litigation for those times when it becomes inevitable.
She is licensed to practice law in Texas state courts, as well as the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas and the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas. Her clients have ranged from individuals to small startups to Fortune 500 companies.
Ms. MacLeod is active with a number of professional organizations, including the Dallas Association of Young Lawyers, the Texas Young Lawyers Association, the Dallas Bar Association and the American Bar Association.
Practice areasEmployment & labor, Employment litigation: plaintiff, Business litigation, Civil litigation: defense, Class action/mass torts, Alternative dispute resolution
Employment law - employee, Wage & hour laws, Whistleblower, Sexual harassment, Labor law, Employment discrimination, Wrongful termination, Retaliation, Employment law - employer, Trade secret, Non-compete agreements, Class actions, Arbitration, Mediation
- 30% Employment & labor
- 30% Employment litigation: plaintiff
- 10% Business litigation
- 10% Civil litigation: defense
- 10% Class action/mass torts
- 10% Alternative dispute resolution
First Admitted: 2007, Texas
Professional Webpage: http://www.macleodlawfirm.com/about.html
- Named 2016 Rising Stay by Texas Super Lawyers
- Named 2014 Rising Stay by Texas Super Lawyers
- Named 2015 Rising Stay by Texas Super Lawyers
- Dean's List, Georgetown University Law Center
- Georgetown University Law Center, Law Review Editor
- Kappa Delta Pi Honor Society
- Henry Kaiser Labor Law award recipient, Georgetown University Law Center
- Global Teaching Fellow, Georgetown University Law Center
- United States District Court Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court Northern District of Texas
- Texas, 2007
- Georgetown Law Journal, Notes Editor
- Idaho State University, B.A.
Office location for Michelle W. MacLeod
2101 Cedar Springs Road
Dallas, TX 75201
- Rising Stars: 2014 - 2016