Top Rated White Collar Crimes Attorney in Dallas, TX
Selected to Rising Stars: 2015 - 2019
Nicole Knox focuses her practice on the area of criminal defense. She represents clients facing federal crimes and state crimes including white collar crimes, internet or cyber crimes, healthcare fraud, and corruption charges in Dallas and throughout Texas.
Ms. Knox is a graduate of the Texas Wesleyan University School of Law (now known as Texas A&M University School of Law) in Fort Worth, Texas. Prior to law school, she graduated with honors from the University of Mississippi, where she majored in broadcast journalism.
Admitted to practice law in Texas state courts since 2009, Ms. Knox is also admitted to practice in many federal courts in various states, including Texas, Tennessee, and Oklahoma.
Ms. has earned the respect of her peers in the legal community, which is evident through her service as Past President of the Dallas Women Lawyers Association and her current service as chair of the Dallas Diversity Task Force, among other leadership positions in local, state, and national organizations.
Ms. Knox's dedication to her profession is also evidenced by her published articles and her speaking engagements at the local, state, and national levels. She has presented on many constitutional, legal, and ethical issues, including her frequent discussions on the use of social media in a criminal case.
Her dedication has earned Ms. Knox respect within her profession. In 2016, she was named one of Dallas' Best Lawyers by D Magazine, Attorney of the Month by Attorney At Law Magazine, and she was named as a Super Lawyers Rising Star for her second consecutive year.
- 50%Criminal Defense: White Collar
- 50%Criminal Defense
White Collar Crime, Criminal Law - Federal, Arrest & Arraignment, Assault & Battery, Criminal Law, Drug & Alcohol Violations, False Accusations, Felony, Misdemeanor, Parole, Probation, Prosecution, Tax Evasion, Criminal Domestic Violence
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2015 - 2019
About Nicole Knox
First Admitted: 2009, Texas
Professional Webpage: http://nicoleknoxlaw.com/criminal-defense-lawyer/
- Texas Wesleyan University School of Law, J.D., 2009
- University of Mississippi, Oxford, Mississippi, B.A., Magna cum laude, Major: Broadcast Journalism
Pro bono/Community Service
- Rotary Club Of Dallas, District 5810, Member, 2013-Present, Membership Committee, 2015-2016, New Member Chair, 2016-2017
- Top 40 Under 40, National Trial Lawyers, 2013, 2014
- D Magazine, Best Lawyers in Dallas, Criminal Defense, Best Lawyers in Dallas, D Magazine, 2016
- Ten Best Attorneys in Texas, American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys, 2014 - 2016
- Top 100 Trial Attorneys, 2013-2016, Top 100 Trial Attorneys, National Trial Lawyers
- Top One Percent, The National Association of Distinguished Counsel, 2015
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas, 2010
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers, Member 2009-Present, Criminal Bar Committee, Co-Chair, 2011, 2012, Judiciary Committee, 2010, Leadership Class, 2010
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, Member, 2009-Present, Trial College Graduate 2010, CLE Instructor, 2015-2016
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow, Nominating Committee, 2015-16, Co-Chair Dist. 6, 2016-17
- National Association of Women Judges, Amicus Judicii member, 2015
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas, 2010
- Dallas Bar Association, Member, 2009-Present, Criminal Justice Committee, 2016, Minority Participation Committee, 2016, Trial Skills Section, 2016, 2009
- American Bar Association, Member, Criminal Justice Section, 2014-present
- National Conference of Bar Presidents, Diversity Scholarship Recipient, 2015, Diversity Committee, 2015-2016
- State Bar of Texas, 2009
- U.S. District Court Western District of Oklahoma, 2011
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers Foundation, Lifetime Fellow, 2010-present
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member, 2012-present
- The College of the State Bar of Texas, Member, 2014-present
- Panel speaker, Social Media in Discovery, Evidence, and Post-Conviction Supervision, American Bar Association, Mid-year meeting, Houston, TX, 2015
- Cell Phone Records: Friend or Foe? , Dicta, Dallas Association of Young Lawyers, 2012
- Evolving Expectations of Privacy in Social Media, Dallas Association of Young Lawyers, Dallas, Tx., 2013
- Stand Your Ground Hearing, Panelist, American Bar Association., 2013
- Contributor, Metrocrest Chamber Of Commerce, Presentation: White Collar Crime. Dallas, Tx. , 2014
- Program Co-Chair And Introductory Speaker, Dallas Association Of Young Lawyers, "Social Media In Criminal Proceedings." Dallas, Tx. , 2013
- Program Chair And Introductory Speaker, Dallas Association Of Young Lawyers, "What To Do When Someone You Know Gets Arrested." Dallas, Tx. , 2012
- Guest Speaker, Recurring, Central High School, A Lecture On The Fourth And Second Amendments, "Know Your Rights." Keller, Texas. , 2012
- Program Chair, Dallas Association Of Young Lawyers, Panel Discussion And Continuing Legal Education, "Avoiding The Pitfalls Of Trial Preparation." Dallas, Tx., 2012
- Panel Speaker, "The Practice Of Criminal Law," Texas Wesleyan School Of Law. Fort Worth, Tx., 2012
- Law Day, Mock Voir Dire presentation for representing the criminally accused during jury selection, Dallas Bar Association, Dallas, Tx. Apr. 2016
- “Crime & Ethics,” Presenter for Ethics CLE, Dallas Minority Attorney Program, Dallas Bar Association, Dallas, Tx. Apr. 2016
- Panel Speaker, Solo & Small Firm Summit, Dallas Association of Young Lawyers, Dallas, Tx. Apr. 2016
- “Upholding Justice One Client at a Time,” Instructor for Ethics CLE, Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, Bryan, Tx. Jan. 2016.
- Author, “Three Ethical Rules in a ‘Facebook Nation.’” Headnotes, Dallas Bar Association. May 2015.
- Author, “Women in the Workplace: Sartorial Tips for New Lawyers.” Texas Lawyer, Nov. 2015.
- Criminal Defense
- After years of fighting for his innocence, which ended with a two month federal trial, I am honored that I brought… https://t.co/nCiJNzanNs
- After two months of trial, I was grateful to hear my two favorite words this week. #notguilty #justice… https://t.co/c8mG1Jx8lN
- Honored to receive the award of Top Women in Legal by the #NationalDiversityCouncil today! Humbled to share this aw… https://t.co/1JkLAWVSvE
- Amazed by Inspiring Women XI. Proud to be a woman lawyer today! @terrybent @dawnestes #dbainspiringwomen https://t.co/1AjOpWgOpA
Last Updated: 5/15/2022