Peter H. Anderson
Top rated medical malpractice attorney in Dallas, TexasKershaw Anderson, PLLC
Peter Anderson is the managing partner at Kershaw Anderson, PLLC. Peter is an experienced counselor and litigator with a core focused practice on health care-related matters in courts and in administrative proceedings. In addition, Peter represents companies when facing personal injury and/or property damage claims, including Whole Foods Market.
Peter has honed his craft with more than 20 years of experience in the representation of health care providers and facilities in health care liability lawsuits, Texas Medical Board disciplinary investigations and hearings, hospital-based peer review and credentialing actions against physicians, including "fair hearings," and more recently HIPAA risk assessments in the context of an unauthorized disclosure of protected health information (PHI), or in response to a complaint or investigation with the Department of Health and Human Services.
In committing himself to this work, Peter can often be found in courtrooms across North Texas, in Texas Medical Board hearing rooms in Austin and in board rooms at hospitals across the state advocating on behalf of health care providers. Because of his experience, Peter is an invited speaker, commenter, and writer on health care-related legal topics to both medical and legal audiences. Accordingly, he is recognized by his peers as a top attorney in his field.
By keeping his litigation and courtroom skills sharp, Peter also is sought-after to assist in complex commercial and personal injury matters as well. Because of his keen experience and insight into the courts of North Texas, it is with great pride that Peter also serves as local counsel on occasion to attorneys from other regions.
A graduate of St. John’s University, Mr. Anderson earned a Bachelor of Arts in English in 1991. He then attended Baylor Law School to obtain a Juris Doctor in 1995 and has spent more than 20 years representing facilities and health care providers in lawsuits related to health care liability. His defense experience also extends to investigations and complaints with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, and hearings and disciplinary investigations by the Texas Medical Board.
Mr. Anderson is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas, the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas and the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas, as well as in all Texas state courts. Named as one of the Best Lawyers in Dallas from 2016-2019 by D Magazine, he is recognized as a top lawyer in his field by his peers.
His long list of clients includes Whole Foods Market, Texas Medical Liability Trust, ProAssurance Corporation, NAS Insurance Services, LLC, KBR Inc., Medicus Insurance Company/Norcal and Dallas Nephrology Associates. A former member of the medicine and ethics committee for the American Society of Law, Medicine and Ethics, Mr. Anderson is currently a member of the St. Thomas Aquinas Lawyers Association, the Dallas Bar Association Health Law Section and Legal Ethics Committee, and the State Bar of Texas.
Practice areasPersonal injury - medical malpractice: defense, Health care, Personal injury - general: defense
Medical malpractice, Health & health care law, Slip and fall
- 50% Personal injury - medical malpractice: defense
- 30% Health care
- 20% Personal injury - general: defense
First Admitted: 1995, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://kershawanderson.com/people/peter-anderson/
- Middle School Basketball Coach for St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic School in Dallas, Texas, 2011 – 2013
- Holy Name Society President for St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic Church in Dallas Texas, 2011 - 2012
- St.Thomas Aquinas Lawyers Association
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association
- Texas, 1995
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
- Texas Medical Liability Trust
- Doctors Company
- Warren Equipment
- Whole Foods Market
- ProAssurance Companies
- KBR, Inc.
- Dallas Nephrology Associates (DNA)
- “Protect Health-Care Clients as Reform Takes Shape,” Texas Lawyer, 2010; written by Peter Anderson and Kimberly Bocell
- “Texas Medical Board Doing More with Less,” Texas Lawyer, 2015; written by Peter H. Anderson and Ryan D. Wozny
- Rising Stars, 2007-2009
- D Magazine Best Lawyer in Dallas, 2016-2022 , D Magazine
- Super Lawyers, 2017-2021, Super Lawyers
- St. John’s University, B.A., 1991, English
- Grocery Market
- Grocery Store
- Health Care Provider
- Medical Facility
Office location for Peter H. Anderson
12400 Coit Road
Dallas, TX 75251
- Super Lawyers: 2017 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2007 - 2009