Robert E. Luxen
Top rated Employment & Labor attorney in Dallas, TexasHallett & Perrin, P.C.
Practice Areas: Employment & Labor, Employment Litigation, Business & Corporate; view more
Licensed in Texas since: 1976
Education: Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law
Hallett & Perrin, P.C.1445 Ross Avenue
Dallas, TX 75202 Visit website
Robert E. Luxen focuses his practice on labor and employment law matters. He provides representation to clients throughout Texas from the Firm’s offices in Dallas. He is a co-founder of the Firm and was a Shareholder from 1992 until 2021. Effective January 1, 2022, he became Of Counsel to the firm. Mr. Luxen attended Drake University in Des Moines, Iowa, earning a Bachelor of Arts in 1973. He then went on to pursue his legal education at Southern Methodist University School of Law, and in 1976 he was awarded his Juris Doctor.
Mr. Luxen regularly works on matters involving allegations of workplace discrimination governed by various federal and state statutes, wage and hour disputes, workplace related injuries, breach of contract matters, and claims of retaliation. Mr. Luxen prepares and reviews employment contracts and severance agreements and furnishes advice and counsel to his clients on risk avoidance as well as hiring and firing practices. His successful track record has earned him a great deal of favorable recognition from his colleagues, including an AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell. He has served as an Arbitrator with the American Arbitration Association since 2015 and the National Arbitration and Mediation since 2005.
Mr. Luxen is frequently asked to deliver presentations to fellow professionals on topics related to his practice area. He has been been admitted to practice in Texas since 1976 and has been certified as a specialist in labor and employment law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization since 1989. Mr. Luxen is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Eastern, Southern, and Western Districts of Texas, the U.S. Courts of Appeals for the 3rd and 5th Circuits, and the Supreme Court of the United States.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasEmployment & Labor: Employer, Employment Litigation: Defense, Business/Corporate
Business Formation and Planning, Business Organizations, Employment Discrimination, Retaliation, Sexual Harassment, Wage & Hour Laws, Whistleblower, Wrongful Termination
- 50% Employment & Labor: Employer
- 40% Employment Litigation: Defense
- 10% Business/Corporate
First Admitted: 1976, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.hallettperrin.com/attorneys/bio/robert-luxen
- Arbitrator in employment cases on behalf of the American Arbitration Association
- Arbitrator in employment cases on behalf of National Arbitration and Mediation , 2005
- Frequent speaker and author on a variety of employment law topics, including employer equal employment obligations, employment contracts and separation agreements, wrongful discharge, sexual harassment, non-competition, non-solicitation and non-hire agreements, and the employment obligations of federal contractors
- Mac Taylor Inn of Court
- Texas Center for Legal Ethics
- Former Co-Chair of Dallas Bar Association’s Continuing Legal Education Committee
- Dallas Bar Foundation
- Dallas Bar Association - Labor & Employment and Trial Skills Sections
- American Bar Association - Labor & Employment Law Section
- Former Chairman of the Dallas Bar Association’s Legal Ethics Committee
- Financial Industry Regulatory Authority Dispute Resolution Arbitrator
- U.S. Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- Arbitrator in employment cases on behalf of the American Arbitration Association. Arbitrator and mediator in employment cases on behalf of the National Arbitration & Mediation, Inc.
- , Received a Presidential Citation from the Dallas Bar Association for his exceptional pro bono services to the Association
- , D Magazine Best Lawyers Recipient
- , Selected to Texas Super Lawyers by Thomson Reuters, 2003-2022
- , Selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers in America by Woodward White, Inc. since 2006: Employment Law / Management 2011-2021; Litigation / Labor and Employment, 2015-2021
- , Martindale-Hubbell, AV Preeminent, Peer Review Rated
- Board Certified in Labor and Employment by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 1989-present
- Drake University, B.A., 1973
Office location for Robert E. Luxen
1445 Ross Avenue
Dallas, TX 75202
- Super Lawyers: 2003 - 2023