Top Rated Immigration Attorney in Dallas, TX
Attorney Roy Petty is the founder and managing attorney of Petty & Associates, PLLC, in Dallas, Texas. Board-certified in immigration & nationality law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization and possessing more than 25 years of legal experience, Mr. Petty devotes his practice primarily on immigration law. Due to his diligent efforts, he has earned a reputation for providing creative, customized and effective solutions for those seeking a better life in the United States.
Licensed to practice in Florida and Arizona, as well as Texas, Mr. Petty has gained notable experience litigating a wide range of immigration-related issues against the federal government before various district and appellate courts in the country. He has also served as an invaluable advocate for those defrauded by unscrupulous immigration law consultants, helping them to recover the exorbitant fees they paid in the hopes of having their immigration cases handled competently and efficiently.
For his efforts, Mr. Petty has helped enact positive changes in bureaucratic policies regarding immigration laws, and he has assisted numerous clients with obtaining the government benefits they deserve as well as reducing the delays in their cases. Extremely well-versed in immigration and naturalization laws, Mr. Petty has hosted a Spanish radio program for more than 20 years, where he provides invaluable insight and feedback on the laws and regulations that govern this complex and confusing legal area.
Active in his legal community, Mr. Petty was once a member of the Dallas Subcommittee for the Supreme Court of Texas Unauthorized Practice of Law Committee. He is also a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association, and other attorneys have routinely called upon him to provide testimony in cases involving immigration law matters.
Mr. Petty obtained his Juris Doctor in 1991 from The University of Arizona College of Law, where he served as managing editor of the Law Journal on International and Comparative Law. He is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Eastern Districts of Texas and the U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona, as well as before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
- 80%Immigration: Consumer
- 10%Business Litigation
- 10%Civil Rights
Naturalization & Citizenship, Discrimination
- Super Lawyers: 2016 - 2022
Certificates and Credentials
- Texas Board of Legal Specialization
Immigration and Nationality Law
About Roy Petty
First Admitted: 1991, Arizona
Professional Webpage: https://www.roypetty.com/en/attorneys/roy-petty
- State of Texas v. Cuevas, 04-11342 (Dallas, TX 2005)
- Board Certified in Immigration & Nationality Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- U.S. District Court District of Arizona
- U.S. Court of Appeals Federal Circuit
- Dallas Subcommittee of the Unauthorized Practice of Law Committee of the Supreme Court of Texas
- American Immigration Lawyers Association, Member
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- University of Arizona College of Law, Tucson, Arizona, Law Journal: International and Comparative Law, Managing Editor, 1991
Last Updated: 5/15/2022