Top rated business litigation attorney in Dallas, TexasUnderwood Perkins, PC
At Underwood Perkins, PC, Scott Garelick represents clients in Dallas, Texas. His legal practice is focused on the following matters: lender liability claims, antitrust, real estate matters, intellectual property, trade secrets, labor and employment law, complex insurance cases, white collar criminal law and commercial litigation. With almost three decades of experience, he has managed extremely complex cases with significant criminal exposure and large sums of money at both the federal and state levels.
At the University of Northern Colorado, Mr. Garelick graduated with his Bachelor of Science before moving on to complete his goal of becoming an attorney. He then graduated from the University of Colorado Boulder and is currently admitted to practice in Colorado and Texas. His experience also extends to nonsolicitation and noncompetition cases, wrongful termination claims, and retaliation and discrimination claims.
Mr. Garelick is a member of the State Bar of Texas and the Dallas Bar Association. Within this organization, he is actively involved with the Media Relations Committee and the Criminal Justice and Public Forum. During his long, successful career, he has worked with clients in the following industries: technology, health care, energy and banking. As he has experience in both criminal and commercial law, he represents both individuals and companies in legal matters that significantly affect their future.
With the ultimate goal of keeping each client out of litigation, Mr. Garelick recognizes that negotiation is valuable in many legal matters. If a case is forced through to litigation, he is experienced and knowledgeable about the process and can handle it successfully.
Practice areasBusiness litigation, Employment litigation: defense, Intellectual property litigation, Criminal defense: white collar, General litigation, Real estate: business
Trade secret, Non-compete agreements, Wrongful termination, Employment law - employer, White collar crime, Criminal law - federal
- 30% Business litigation
- 20% Employment litigation: defense
- 20% Intellectual property litigation
- 10% Criminal defense: white collar
- 10% General litigation
- 10% Real estate: business
First Admitted: 1995, Colorado
Professional Webpage: https://www.uplawtx.com/Attorneys/Index
- 4M Capital, LTD, d/b/a Arteriors Home, 2018
- Johnson Equipment
- Aperia Solutions, 2021
- University of Northern Colorado, Greeley, Bachelor of Science
- Dallas Bar Association - Criminal Justice and Public Forum/Media Relations Committees, Member
- Colorado, 1995
- State Bar of Texas, Member
- Texas, 2001
- Successfully arbitrated oil and gas dispute relating to a Purchase and Sale Agreement., 2021
- First chair in jury trial before Judge Starr. Obtained Jury verdict in one of the first in-person trials in the Northern District of Texas. In addition to damages for our client's breach of contract claim, we obtained a judgment for all of our client's attorneys fees., 2021
- Representing three criminal defendants in Federal cases pursuant to the Criminal Justice Act. I have been on the CJA panel for the Northern District of Texas since 2000., 2021
Office location for Scott Garelick
5420 LBJ Freeway
Dallas, TX 75240
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2022